Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read a few posts that state you shouldn't mix wet cat food with dry because of bacteria growth. I have always fed my cats mixed food because they like it for a treat. They eat dry food 85% of the time. Of course I don't leave the mixed food out for any period of time. I give them a half hour to eat and then whatever is left over I throw away. Surely there is no harm in this, is there? If there is, I've been harming my cats for some 13 years!!

Also, I feed 98 ferals cats everyday. Sometimes I give them mixed as a treat because they get just dry 99% of the time.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
wet & dry

Right, as long as you don't leave it out, and they eat it right away, it's okay. It's those folks that put water or tuna juice or something in the dry food, then leave it sit out for hours--that's asking for trouble.

Cheers,
Dr. Jean

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
I don't mix my cats food anymore but when I did, I cleaned it up right after they ate. Plus it looked really unappealing after like 30 min. to see the sogged up food with the smelly wet food! :wink:

·
Registered
676 Posts
For the most part when my cats get wet food, I do mix it in with some of their dry food. However I know that food will be eaten in about 3 minutes or less, and then I quickly pick up their plates, clean them off and set them aside for the next meal.

Leaving canned, or moistened dry food out for long periods of time is never a good idea.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts