Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read a few posts that state you shouldn't mix wet cat food with dry because of bacteria growth. I have always fed my cats mixed food because they like it for a treat. They eat dry food 85% of the time. Of course I don't leave the mixed food out for any period of time. I give them a half hour to eat and then whatever is left over I throw away. Surely there is no harm in this, is there? If there is, I've been harming my cats for some 13 years!!

Also, I feed 98 ferals cats everyday. Sometimes I give them mixed as a treat because they get just dry 99% of the time.

·
Registered
673 Posts
For the most part when my cats get wet food, I do mix it in with some of their dry food. However I know that food will be eaten in about 3 minutes or less, and then I quickly pick up their plates, clean them off and set them aside for the next meal.

Leaving canned, or moistened dry food out for long periods of time is never a good idea.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.