Cat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
And having faile say that, it would also depend on what cheese. Danish blue/stilton has more mold in it alrdy- thats what the blue is... so it woul go yukky quicker.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Most cheeses are still good if it molds. Mold is a natural occurance to aging cheese. You just trim the moldy part off, and the rest of it is fine.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Empath said:
Most cheeses are still good if it molds. Mold is a natural occurance to aging cheese. You just trim the moldy part off, and the rest of it is fine.
Exactly. It varies on the fridge I find. How moist it is in there, how much vegetable matter there is.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Once I forgot to wrap up the cheddar cheese when I put it away with the stilton, so the stilton's blue mould crept across and started living on the cheddar. The result was a strange hybrid cheese (Steddar? Chilton?) When I saw the mould on the cheddar I just threw it away, which was a bit stupid of me, seeing as straight afterwards I cut myself some stilton. :roll:

·
Registered
96 Posts
lol, ur all mad talkin bout cheese :lol:

i dont like any of that smelly sock stilton stuff ==>
just chedder, baby bells and cheese strings for me thanx :p

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
mold has to have sunlight, fresh air, and it's gotta be moist. my friend found that out. ok...no one cares, right?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts