Cat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To some of you, this may not be a shock. I've had a few private conversations in the last month or so.

I love Molly so much. She is such a wonderful dog. However, as some of you may or may not have noticed, I haven't been posting on this forum as much. This is not by choice. It's because I'm out on average (with commute) 12 hours a day with work. Jessica is currently working three part time jobs and is gone 10-12 hours at a time too.

We have no idea when our lives will calm down. It could be within 6 months or so, it could be another year or longer. Molly has seperation anxiety and gets destructive/depressed when she is left alone. It was just not fair to keep her like this for an indefinite amount of time. As much as the selfish side of me wanted to. It is just not the right time in our lives to have a dog.

We couldn't have found a better home for her though. It is a long story but we met with a lady who runs a local animal rescue. She fell in love with Molly and decided that she would be the perfect dog for her retired parents. She also had to see how Molly got along with her three dogs because if something were to happen to her parents she wanted Molly to fit in with her. Everything worked out well, so they adopted her. I'm told that she is doing well.

I am going to meet them Wednesday night after work for one final goodbye. :(

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
I am so sorry, Rob. *hugs* to you and Jess both. :(

As you said though, it IS for the best.......but I know it sucks right now. :(

·
Premium Member
9,137 Posts
My heart goes out to you.
Dogs like that need a super amount of attention and want to be with you every minute of their waking moments. Its torture for them to be alone.

A friend is going thru this with his cattle dog. He can take the dog to work with him but when he travels he has to have the dog cared for every second of the day!

You did what was right for Molly. Dont beat yourself up. Sounds like you found the perfect home.

G

·
0 Posts
(((Rob & Jess)))

I know how heartwrenching this must be for you. I'm glad you found her a great home.

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
Rob, I am so sorry. I know how much your animals mean to you. Kudos for doing what is best for Molly, it must have been so difficult for you.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
((((Hugs)))) to you both. :( I'm so sorry to hear that but like everyone else said, you did the right thing. That shows that you really cared and loved Molly.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
I'm sorry to hear this Rob - people talk about work life balance alot with regard to children but it's just as important with our pet babies.

I'm glad you found a lovely new home for her though, I'm sure she'll settle in very well.

I know it's hard - chin up x

·
Registered
697 Posts
It was a difficult decision and it will be hard to say good bye. I'm so glad you took the time and found a perfect new home for Molly. Hugs to you both and give one to Molly for me.

·
Registered
10,243 Posts
I'm sorry to hear the sad news. You definitely did the right thing though and it was very kind and unselfish of you. :(

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the well wishes. Saying goodbye was difficult, but it also made me see that she is going to have a better life than I can provide right now.

I know she kind of fell into our lives, and we weren't looking for a dog... but I never saw it ending this way. :?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts