Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We been doing the raw food diet with her since september, i haven't had any issues. The last batch i ground up chicken bone for the first time. My 10 week old kittens are fine on the batch. But my momma lola had diarrhea and vomiting it looks like overnight. She was offered food, but will not touch the raw. We did a dropper of slippery elm slurry for her to help calm her tummy. But, still won't eat raw but ate a few evo treats.

Could the bone in make her sick?

I sure hope this is just a fluke thing, because she has been doing really well with the raw diet.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Will she eat canned food? If she refuses all meals, she's at risk for dehydration and hepatic lipidosis. I'd keep her on canned food only for a while if she does eat that (and keeps it down, of course),& add some warm water along with the SEB. then I'd take a stool sample to the vet. If she has a bug in her system, the vet will prescribe the right antibiotics for her. I'd also dump that recent batch, too, just in case. You wouldn't want your infant kittens getting ill, they'd go downhill fast.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
seems the night after i wrote this, we let the raw sit a bit on the counter first than she began to eat it again. Has been fine ever since :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts