Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I needed to spend today and part of tomorrow getting ready for this dinner.
7:30 Wake up to a wet nose in the face, demanding breakfast. That's good, I needed to get up and get stuff done anyway.

8:00 Reading email/forums and try to reply with a cat sandwiching my hands between himself and the keyboard.

8:15 Cleaning the litterbox so I can carry down the ick with me when i go out. Of course he has to go ONE more time before I empty it...waiting....waiting....waiting...waiting. AHAH.... clean the box.

8:30 Climbed into the shower and realized my pouff was gone..... bathrobed hunt to find it in behind the couch in one of Mow's hiding spots...wth?

9:15 Feed the cat and head out the door to run errands.

11:10 Home again to find the shower curtain on the ground and the towels out of the linen closet. "NOOOO there are no more bananas in there for you." The bed pillows on the floor...that's ok, I need to wash my sheets anyway. Blankets yanked off the couch and the armchair... that's ok, I should wash those with the sheets 'cause they are probably covered in cat hair.

11:30 Wrapping presents.."come back here with that bow!"..... "Stop chewing on the ribbon!" "Stop knocking the tape onto the ground!"... Presents put under the tree....a little rumpled but wrapped nonetheless.

12:00 Time to dust the dining room/living. "Where the **** is the dustrag I left in here this morning?" ...a hunt leads to the back of the closet to retrieve the dustrag, a roll of chewed up toilet paper, various loose tissues, a dirty sock, a soggy catnip banana, and a stalk of asparagus (I KNEW I pulled 6 out of the bunch to eat last night).

12:30 Lunch time! "Just wait until I'm done eating before you start licking the plate, PLEASE!"

1:00 Naptime and he wants to cuddle so a constant mewling which increases in volume and demand to an angry yowl has me laying down on the bed so he can curl up against me.

1:10 SLip out of the bed careful not to wake him so I can go play WoW for a little while.

2:30 Not enough end tables so I wrapped two large boxes with Christmas wrap and use them as decorated end tables. "Come back here with that bow!" "Stop standing on the wrapping paper, you're tearing it!" "Get OUT of the **** box, I can't wrap it with you in it!".

3:00 Boxes set up, living room dusted, and I know I can put drinks/trays on the boxes because they just held a 12.6lb cat.

3:30 Flop down on the couch to rest. Lean back and shut my eyes......until a cat races across my lap and slides across the dining room table..... /BIG SIGH and rest again to have the cat run across me going in the OTHER direction. Rinse and repeat about 4 times until I give up and get up.

4:00 Start dinner and hear a ruccus....cat has torn open two presents. Stop to rewrap presents. Back into kitchen JUST in time to catch him trying to steal a chicken breast off the cutting board where i left it. "I know that tearing open the presents was a distraction to get my dinner, you little monster."

4:45 Finish making dinner and put it in the fridge to eat it later and sweep the floor. "STOP chewing on the broom!" "Let go of the **** broom, I can't sweep with you attached to it!"

5:00 Settle down at the computer and lean back in my big comfy chair and there's a nip at the side of my leg. When I look down I'm getting the big round kitten eyes begging for love.

He's D*#$n lucky he's so cute and is an olympic level snuzzler.....

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here are a few pictures of my little helper:

I canz hep?

Why you grouchy?

I getting tired.

What a hard day!

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
LOL at your story. He's a sweetheart...and such a good little helper. Now, you've got to admit, the day wouldn't have been half as much fun without his "help"! :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
That sounds exactly like Booth! Trying to be SOOO helpful that you just want to shut them in another room. They're lucky that they're cute and we're soft-hearted.
He's adorable, that would be a face I would have a hard time ignoring too!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I loved your timeline story about your Mow Mow. He is such a cutie pie. Thanks, it put a smile on my face. Sounds like he is a handful but worth it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts