Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mother has been enduring shingles for 2 months. Today is her first day out of the house since the outbreak. It will be a pleasure to drive her around, maybe do a little shopping for a Thanksgiving Day outfit or just tool around town for a bit. Hopefully she'll be able to handle it, she's getting nutty being housebound. I'm glad I have her company, as much pain she's been in, she has managed to keep her since of humor, she is hysterical.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
My friend had shingles in the summer and said it was awful... She has a fair bit of scarring from it too on her arms and shoulders so she is pretty self conscious of it now. She seems to catch everything going - probably due to having a wierd blood disorder.

Shingles is not nice! She deserves a treat!

·
Banned
1,549 Posts
An old man I used to work with had shingles and meetings were always a bother for him because he had to get up and walk around.

Hopefully the day out is good, your mom deserves it!

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks girls, we had a fine day. Took her shopping for an outfit, (grrrrr no nice petite clothing) checked out a few stores to see what kind of Christmas decorations are out this year, had lunch and a few laughs. I am so happy that she is on the road to recovery.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Good to hear she's recovering and kept her sense of humour =)

This goes for anyone, Vit E in lotion helps with scaring overtime, so even finding a lotion that's butter-coconut will help =) I scar very very easily and I have acne prone skin so my whole forehead gets dark scars from zits and lotion with a good source of Vit-E helps!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts