Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems like a vet visit is inevitable but since the weekend just started, that won't be until next week.

I thought I had his vomiting problem fixed by switching to a sensitive stomach food because it got a lot better, but now the vomiting has come back but this time I think it's because of hair balls because there is usually a chunk of hair in the middle of the vomit.

Right now he is shedding like crazy. When I brushed him the last 2 days the brush loaded up quickly, by far a lot more than ever before, and all I can think is it's because of the new food. I bought Eukanuba food for him and afterward someone on the forum said that wasn't a very good brand, so I'm thinking of trying something else based on the food brand suggestions I found by searching this forum.

Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Poor Barnaby. :( Vinnie sheds a lot too and he's a boy! Misa sheds to a lot, but not much lately. How long has this been going on.

·
Banned
1,204 Posts
When my cats shed I give them extra brushing, I used a untangler comb on the long haired cat and a slicker brush on the short hair.
It was a never ending job, seems like cat convert food into hair and poop.:lol:

·
Premium Member
18,379 Posts
I just read your previous thread and it seemed like it was hairballs then. Have you been giving the Petromalt weekly as a preventative?

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've been giving him Petramalt regularly because he's been dry heaving. That's nothing new though. He always seemed to dry heave but nothing would come up. His fur is very fine and he seems to pass it most of the time.

I first noticed yesterday that he was shedding an awful lot. I brush him a couple times a week and only need to clean the brush after each brushing but the last 2 days I've had to clean it 3 times per brushing.

I've never known him to shed this much before so I was trying to determine if it was related to the change of food.

·
Premium Member
18,379 Posts
How is his weight and appetite? Vomiting and excessive shedding can be symptoms of hyper or hypo thyroid...Hyper being much more common.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
His weight and behavior is normal. Might just be a coincidence but it seems that since we moved to the new house both cats want to eat more often, but I don't feed them anymore than I used to.

I've had to do regulated feedings ever since I got Baxter because he gorges and will eat until the dish is empty.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts