Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We were wondering if it's true that male kittens are more affectionate after they've been altered. Skeeter's already quite cuddly, but does have his crazy streak about mid-afternoon and 10:00 every day. Would this behaviour settle down after his operation? We don't want him to stop playing with us (fetch and chase and hunting), so I hope that doesn't change too much. Is there any typical post-alteration male behaviour?

·
Registered
562 Posts
All I know is how my Dusty was affected by his little operation... He is the most affectionate kitty and his playfulness/craziness was not at all affected by being altered. Even now, at 4 years of age, he still acts like a silly little kitten!

·
Registered
696 Posts
Cleveland was always a smoochie cat but his playfulness hasn't altered. In fact I'd say he plays more now. Or maybe you just notice 11 pounds of fur plopping onto you from a high place more than a kitten!

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Tierney didn't change at all.. And i hoping Teagan wont either.

I think i heard somewhere if you get them fixed before they hit sexual maturity they don't change as much, or at all.. please please please correct me if i am wrong.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Maleke didn't change at all. We adopted Magic already neutered, so I don't know if he changed, though I doubt it.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your replies! I feel better now about the operation. We are certainly going to get it done before he reaches sexual maturity...I don't want him to get his secondary sexual characteristics. I want him to stay cute and cuddly! :) He'll be 5 months next month and that's when we plan to take him in. It sounds like you all have some great kitties! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts