Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fay had a very bad reaction to a flea bit about 2 weeks ago. The e-Vet gave her a Depo-Medrol shot and had had me give her antibiotics for a week. We finished the meds last Sunday and Tuesday she started sneezing like mad. She even lost a pound in a little over 2 weeks,

The day after the visit to the e-Vet my Vet called and told me she wasn't happy that they gave her Depo-Medrol, that it supresses a cats adrenal and immune system for too long. So now sniffly, sneezing Fay gets another week of meds for her cold plus eye drops. My Vet is da bomb when it come to being right. She even complimented me on my having lost weight.

Poor little Fay. Its been a tough couple of weeks.

Poor me I have to get the meds into her. The pitiful meows and looks are gonna kill me

·
Registered
292 Posts
I'd rather be sick myself than see my bratz sick. Poor little Fay. Hope she feels better soon!

Just curious and for future reference: Why was the Vet mad because the e-vet gave Fay a depro-medro shot? What were the alternatives that should have been given? In case any of us ever have this happen to one of ours!

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
She said there are shorter acting steroids that should have been used. A Google for "depro cat" tells me the same.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts