Cat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
See now, we're fostering-to-adopt and the name he came with is Joey. I'm not real fond of that name, I tend to prefer slightly more eccentric names, so if we do adopt him I'd prefer to pick out my own name for him. Our dog is named Zeeke. I had a whole list of dog and cat names sitting on my computer but they're all for girls! I suggested renaming Joey to "Zoe" (one of my fav's) but I got a disgusted look from the boyfriend and he said, "It's a BOY." Apparently giving a boy a girl's name offends male sensibilities. :p

It also has to be a name suitable to his personality - he's very lovable, cuddly, a bit on the small side, very soft fur... I just looovveee to hold him and feel him purr and rub his cute little tummy when he rolls over in happiness.

Anyways, on to the pics!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wow, small world. I knew I recognized that cat before I even read your post. I read your blog quite regularly.

Anyway, he looks like a Baron VonWhiskerton.

G

·
0 Posts
I don't have any name advice - I just want to say WOW what a beautiful cat. Those pictures are great. I wish I could get pictures of my black kitty (named Soot) to turn out that good!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
vestarita said:
Wow, small world. I knew I recognized that cat before I even read your post. I read your blog quite regularly.
That is funny - I get reminded quite often how small the internet really can be. And they say there's several million people on here, psht.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Wow, he's really gorgeous. I love how he has a "third eye." Maybe you could use a Hindu name? Chakra? Or Vishnu?

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
How about Xanadu - it certainly fits his personality :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
What about the name Armani......since he is black and white like a suit? We had a black and white cat I named Ace.....when we found him his forever home the people named him Armani - I really like that name. If I ever get another black and white cat I will name him that.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for all the suggestions guys! Unforutnately I'm still running into two problems: firstly, I can't find anything that "clicks" with him. All my other pets there has been a name come up within a few days that really FITS. But I've gone through lists and lists of names - both baby and pet - and nothing really fits him! I want something a little different, perhaps with a mythological or astronomical meaning. My dad suggested Orion, which is the closest I've found to something that works, but it doesn't seem quite right. :(

My other problem is that the boyfriend likes Joey and every name I suggest he says, "No, JOEY!" Bah, men are such pains. :p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts