Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so Kyra has taken a major step back. Now she only very reluctantly touches wet food. For her it seems to be kibble or nothing. Advice? I was thinking of blending pinks(BLECH) into wet food and giving her that. If she won't touch it I would mix in a bit of kibble. I just have no idea what to do. Tucker eats the mouse pinks with gusto. Swallows them whole! (lol not really, but may as well be)

ANY advice would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to starve her into anything, but I have started giving her kibble at set meal times, as opposed to free feeding. I put out wet, then if she hasn't touched it in an hour I give in and give her a couple tablespoons of kibble. I put the wet in the fridge and reoffer it once or twice more that day. I am wasting so much food with her(Not really, as after the second or third time offering it, it goes to the wild cats. They love Kyra's stubbornness. :p). It is merricks wet food-not cheap stuff. Am I even going about this transition the right way? The end goal is to have her and Tucker 100%(or 95% the other 5% being canned) on whole prey. Lots of variety. Mice, rats, gerbils, hamsters, bugs(occasionally), frogs, lizards, day old chicks, guinea pigs, rabbits etc etc etc will all find their way onto the dinner plate.

The other thing worth noting is that Tucker and Kyra eat separately. Tucker in our bedroom(his 'safe zone'. Stupid kitten thinks wires are THE BEST TOY EVER) and Kyra eats in the living room. If she were to watch him eating pinks, do you think it would encourage her to eat one? I know that works with birds. Whenever I offer a new food to my birds, I give it to all of them and make sure they can see each other. Monkey see, monkey do. Does this work with cats or will Tucker pick up Kyra's kibble addiction?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I answered one of my own questions. I offered them both a half can of wet and a pink in my bedroom. Tucker ate both pinks and then they both ate the canned food. Tucker ate most of his, and Kyra ate about half of hers. Improvement! :D
 
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Top