Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If my husband doesn't get up after 10-15minutes of the alarm going off our cat will give him a small nibble on his foot or leg. My husband states that it isn't hard enough to cause pain, but it is a bit uncomfortable. Seconds before we hear/see the bite coming we loudly say, "no" and he backs off, but will attempt to bite again until my husband gets up. He only bit me once when I was laying on my husbands side of the bed while he was away for the weekend. I think the cat is slightly more attached to my husband then myself.

We've had him for almost 2 years and this is something he just started doing about 2mths ago.

Why is he doing this? What can we do to stop it?

Thank you

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
My Sam would lick my face if i didn't get up. He never used the rough fur-comb, just the smooth part of his tongue. :)

I think he knew i needed to get going, and was just nudging me to get started. Your kitty is probably doing the same.

BTW, he only did that on weekdays. Sam seemed to know i could sleep in on weekends.

The kitties are saying "The early cat gets the best mouse!" :lol:
:kittyball

·
Registered
111 Posts
I agree. I truely believe cats are attuned to stuff like that.

I have worked the exact same schedule for the past year now. Tink usually wakes up in the middle of the night and goes off to do her nightly cat stuff, however come half hour to 45 minutes before I have to get up, she gets up on the bed, and spoons with me till I have to get up... every morning.

I may be putting to much into it, but I simply thought she knew I would be gone at a specific time and wouldnt see me all day, and wanted to be sure to spend some time with me before I left. I say that, cause she is pretty religious about it.... hardly ever misses a morning and is ALWAYS within the half hour to 45 minutes before my alarm goes off.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I have the same problem. I thought getting another kitty would help in that I thought maybe Willis was just bored at night. Boy was I wrong...they gang up on my boyfriend and I. It has gotten to the point where I have to lock them out in the middle of the night because my boyfriend is such a spaz as far as sleeping he will start launching the cats off the bed and then feels bad about it in the morning because he was half awake and doesn't really think about what he is doing at the time. Of course when I finally get up and open the door they are camped out on the other side.

The worst love bites are the one Willis gives right on the tricep...you know that flabby muscle/fat that jiggles when you wave..(maybe I should speak for myself). It is soo sensitive there but it is a good spot for him to get a nice thick and juicy bunch of flesh.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Oran likes to "nibble" for attention too. If he decides we've been in bed too long, he'll find a piece of bare flesh..... lick... lick.....bite !

Then... the worst is when you get of bed, he gets excited because he knows they all get a spoon of canned food.... then the biting starts ! He bites the top of your feet, ankles, whatever he can find to push you on faster to get that breakfast ready ! We end up looking like fools dancing around at the kitchen counter !

As for the mob mentality - all 3 boys like to come and parade around on the bed, mess with stuff in the room, pick at the blankets... you name to be as ANNOYING as possible in that 1/2 hour or 45 minutes before the alarm goes off..... except that they do it 7 days a week ! No weekends off ! They want their breakfast and they want it ON TIME !

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Then... the worst is when you get of bed, he gets excited because he knows they all get a spoon of canned food.... then the biting starts ! He bites the top of your feet, ankles, whatever he can find to push you on faster to get that breakfast ready ! We end up looking like fools dancing around at the kitchen counter !

As for the mob mentality - all 3 boys like to come and parade around on the bed, mess with stuff in the room, pick at the blankets... you name to be as ANNOYING as possible in that 1/2 hour or 45 minutes before the alarm goes off..... except that they do it 7 days a week ! No weekends off ! They want their breakfast and they want it ON TIME !
Exactly

·
Banned
12,199 Posts
Why doesn't he just get up when the alarm goes off? In college I had a roommate who set his alarm for an hour before he really had to get up because he hit the snooze button every 10 minutes or whatever. We go to the point where the rest of us would actually get up and drag him out of bed so we could sleep.

The point is, I guess, if I were your cat I'd bite you on the toes, too. :lol:

·
Registered
10,243 Posts
My cats like to walk on us and our bladders with their pointy hammer feet. When the alarm goes off they walk back and forth, sometimes licking and sometimes doing love bites on our hands or chin. Sugar will smell our morning breath and bat at our mouths too when she feels like it :oops:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts