Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was a program on TV about the most disliked TV characters of all time. They made some good choices, such as Eddie Haskell. Ewwwww!

However, the character I find myself really disliking is Marie, the mother-in-law on "Everybody Loves Raymond." ( I dislike the character so much that I don't like the actress.) She did her best to make her DIL look bad, and was the most self-centered character I've ever seen. Maybe I dislike her because my MIL was horrible!

The top choice on that program was JR. I never watched "Dallas," so I don't know.

Johnny Fairplay, on Survivor, should be Marie's son-in-law. She deserves him. He was such a snake in the grass. He must have been playing a character. Noone could be really that disgusting.

How about you? What character do you love to hate?

edit/correction

·
Registered
777 Posts
Omarosa!! (from The Apprentice)
OMG what an evil beeatch!!
I even saw her on Dr. Phil (whom I also can't stand) but wow... she is just sooooo.... grrrrr..... my blood starts to boil when I even THINK of her.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Samantha from sex and the city. I know it's only a tv show but arggghhh the woman drives me nuts. I'm all for strong independent women expressing and acting on their urges if they so wish but that character has the morals of an alley cat. I think her character is just grubby beyond belief - yukkk!

·
Banned
1,549 Posts
Jeanie said:
However, the character I find myself really disliking is Marie, the mother-in-law on "Everybody Loves Raymond." ( I dislike the character so much that I don't like the actress.) She did her best to make her DIL look bad, and was the most self-centered character I've ever seen. Maybe I dislike her because my MIL was horrible!

I agree -- my *future* MIL makes comments like that. The studio audience laughs at her stuff, but it just makes me mad!

And I agree about that Omarosa -- I didn't watch the original show she was on, but she's on Surreal Life now and ugh...all the rumors about her seem to be true.

I have no one else to add...I'll think of more later I bet!

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Jeanie said:
Johnny Fairplay, on Survivor, should be Marie's son-in-law. She deserves him. He was such a snake in the grass. He must have been playing a character. Noone could be really that disgusting.

Actually, from what I've read about him, that really WAS his personality (slitherly, slimey & without a conscience & possibly soul-less). He never even auditioned for the show but was asked to apply by one of the shows producers or something, who met had him at a gas station in California. What's really disgusting is that he is now involved in promoting wrestling matches.

I almost gave up watching the series because of him.

Cod, how I hate that skinny, smirking weasel!!!!

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
The Cat Whisperer said:
Omarosa!! (from The Apprentice)
OMG what an evil beeatch!!
I even saw her on Dr. Phil (whom I also can't stand) but wow... she is just sooooo.... grrrrr..... my blood starts to boil when I even THINK of her.

Ohhhhhh, I am so WITH you on this!!!

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Jeanie said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: After my husband and I had been married for a few months and my MIL showed her "true colors" I told my husband that we could easily be The Barones, except without the grouchy dad and weird brother. I can't stand my MIL at all (way too long of a story to get into here) and even though I couldn't stand the character Marie I thought Doris Roberts did an excellent job of portraying a nosey MIL. There were sooooo many things that Marie said or did that I could see coming from MIL; some of them my MIL actually did say or do. I'm sure there are plenty other women out there who are like that. I can attest to at least one other! :roll:

EDIT: I just wanted to add this: We absolutely loved Everybody Loves Raymond. It wasn't a Monday night in this house without the show. I don't know what we'll do this season. Hopefully CBS comes up with a good replacement.

·
Registered
78 Posts
NYPD Blue: IAB Captain Pat Fraker (Casey Siemaszko)
24: Nina Myers (Sara Clarke)

I haven't seen the other shows mentioned. :oops:

·
Registered
866 Posts
I have a few people I hate on TV that aren't even bad guys:

- Dr. Phil (I'm sure people love him though)
- Horatio Cane (David Caruso) from CSI: Miami

I want to strangle them both.

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
Bean said:
Oh yes!!! I have been raking my brain to come up with someone, he is it! I can't stand Caruso, never could. I refuse to watch CSI Miami just because of him. :evil:

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Bean said:
Oooh, that guy bugs me! It's not so much the character of Horatio Cane but I've never liked David Caruso as an actor. I think he does some of the weirdest things - like always standing around with his hands on his hips, talking in that slow, deep, "trying to sound like he means business voice," and that thing he does with his sunglasses all the time. The one specific thing about the character Horatio Cane that I don't like is he is the least "hands on" in the CSI lab. I'm always comparing him to the character Gil Grissom from the original CSI (I love that show!) and I think Gil is much better.

He must have gone to the School of Cheesy Acting! :roll: I just can't separate any of the characters he has played either. He acts the same way in any role he has ever taken.

·
Premium Member
28,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Please add me to the list of those who dislike David Caruso. I think there's a trend in this thread. We seem to dislike arrogance and lying. I think arrogance has the lead at the moment. There is something very distasteful about those who puff themselves up in an effort to put deflate others. :(

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
shengmei said:
2kids3cats4me said:
I'm always comparing him to the character Gil Grissom from the original CSI (I love that show!) and I think Gil is much better.

I am almost ashamed to say it...but I think Gil Grissom is very cute...
I'm with ya' on that one! I've always had this weird attraction to geeky intelligence.

EDITED TO ADD: I've always thought that Gary Sinise (the guy from CSI:NY) is cute as well. I've had a thing for him since the movie "Forrest Gump" where he played Leiutenant Dan.

Anyway, we're starting to veer off topic. I don't want to upset the apple cart.

·
Registered
90 Posts
EDITED TO ADD: I've always thought that Gary Sinise (the guy from CSI:NY) is cute as well. I've had a thing for him since the movie "Forrest Gump" where he played Leiutenant Dan.
I like Gary Sinise too. I don't know why he's attractive but he is :wink:

I really don't like Sawyer from Lost (Josh Holloway) I can't get with the idea that he's supposto be sexy. Ewww, I think he's swarthy but Jack (Mathew Fox) is yummy and he's a nice guy. I liked him way back in Party of Five.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts