Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which horror movie was the most frightening to you? Which monster or killer?

I think Psycho was the most frightening. Many people would not get into the shower after they saw that movie. The suspense was unbearable.

Night of the Living Dead, although in black and white, was a close second for sheer horror. The zombies had disgusting appetites!

But artistically, The Shining was great, book and movie. Jack Nicolson is an amazing actor. :) It's a movie I can't turn off. :)

What about you?

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
The shining is awsome, I love pretty much ALL stephen king films.

The main scary films I cant get enough of is the Alien films. I have the boxset and its getting worn out rofl.
No matter how much I see them, I know whats gonna happen but it still grooses me out. When the aliens moved the Aliens (2nd film) it still makes me jump a mile.
I think sci fi films scare me more than someone running around with a chainsaw while ur in the shower ;)

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
I can't do scary horror films at all - I am a complete wimp!!

The last one I watched (which shows how long it has been since I was bave enough to watch one) was Blair Witch Project. I got majory freaked becuase I had a bit of a dumb moment and didn'realise it was all advertising hype and not actually real! What a womble!

·
Registered
777 Posts
I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVe scary movies!!!
Those are good ones!
I still can't watch NOTLD without changing the channel!!

Others that are scarey to me.....
Halloween - I still get scared by that even after seeing it like 100 times!
The Hitcher - Rutger Hauer was soooo scarey in that!!! 8O
Carrie - classic.. dream at end... 8O
Misery - very disturbing
The Ring - take the phone off the hook.. for a few days!!
Scream - opening scene is the best and so unexpected!
Nightmare on Elm Street

hmmm.. goes off thinking of more

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Misery was one of Stephen King's best! Vary disturbing, as you said. I couldn't wait for the climax of that book and movie! (Artistically, The Stand was his very best book, I believe, classic good against evil.)

·
Banned
1,549 Posts
Stephen King's "It" scared me so bad as a kid! I haven't seen it lately so I don't know.

I just saw the new "Amityville Horror" and it scared me so bad. I remember seeing the old one years back and didn't think it was all that scary...but this one had me buried in my seat. There was a little piece at the end they just stuck on that I thought they could have left off (a bit cheesey) but overall very freaky.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The movie that's scared me the most was Blair Witch Project. Scared the crap outta me until I found out it wasn't real :roll: Other than that, The Shining scared me, Constantine freaked me out and Hide & Seek creeped me out

·
Registered
903 Posts
As a HUGE horror movie buff I am disappointed over and over by the new so called scary movies that are always out!! :lol: I sound like an old lady!!!

My all time two favourite classics that will always give me the willies are

The Shining
The Changeling

·
Registered
90 Posts
American Wherewolf In London scared the heck out of me when I was little. I wasn't allowed to watch it but I peeked in on it one night. Its so scary, I couldn't sit down and watch it until I was 21 or 22

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
28 Days Later, but mostly because I was reading Richard Preston's The Hot Zone around the time I saw that movie. If you ever want to learn some scary stuff about Ebola and how close an outbreak was in the US, pick that book up. It's alll true. THAT is why 28 Days Later scared the p** out of me. :)

Oh and I still haven't finished Resident Evil. Same premise. *shudder*

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I don't tend to watch horror, because my overactive imagination gives me nightmares without help, but I did see 'The Blair Witch Project'. I cried until my boyfriend (at the time) relented and stayed with me that night. I was terrified.

I enjoy thrillers, so long as they have a plot that engages me. M Night Shyamalan's movies 'Signs' and 'The Village' had me covering my eyes, and the recent 'War of the Worlds' made my blood run cold. Brilliantly suspenseful and chilling. None of these left me scared afterward, though, like 'Blair Witch' did. Eep.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
aphrodeia said:
I don't tend to watch horror, because my overactive imagination gives me nightmares without help, but I did see 'The Blair Witch Project'. I cried until my boyfriend (at the time) relented and stayed with me that night. I was terrified.

I enjoy thrillers, so long as they have a plot that engages me. M Night Shyamalan's movies 'Signs' and 'The Village' had me covering my eyes, and the recent 'War of the Worlds' made my blood run cold. Brilliantly suspenseful and chilling. None of these left me scared afterward, though, like 'Blair Witch' did. Eep.
I was dissappointed by The Blair Witch project..the company didn't get Steak and Shake to not run the commercial with the one girl in it before the movie was released, so I KNEW it was fake. She's been other commercials for them since.

:?

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
The Changeling is probably the scariest I've seen. Two other favorites of mine are The Shining and 28 Days Later, though I don't think either is as scary as The Changeling.

·
Registered
224 Posts
The Grudge

I got soo freaked out by that movie 8O

I love horror movies.

Identity
Darkness Falls
Constantine
The Haunting
The House on Haunted Hill
13 Ghosts
Seven

And many many more!

I cant wait to see Skeleton Key...That looks really good too!

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
emrldsky said:
I was dissappointed by The Blair Witch project..the company didn't get Steak and Shake to not run the commercial with the one girl in it before the movie was released, so I KNEW it was fake.
I always knew it was fake... I didn't see it until it hit the dollar theatre some months after it came out. But it acutely played on my fears. Things that go bump in the night. The unseen. The eerie stillness and constant doubts over if it was just the wind. The sounds of the night and goodness knows what else that's out there. Yikes.

·
Registered
777 Posts
emrldsky said:
I was dissappointed by The Blair Witch project..
me too!!
I went to see it by myself and I thought it was totally lame. And then at the end, I was like "that's it? this sucks!!" Some people in the audience actually booed (bood? geez how do you spell that?) when it was over.
But that was after it had been out a month and I think, at least for me, you hear so much hype about it and the expectations are higher.

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I didn't like the Blair Witch Project either. BIG disappointment!

I loved the book "Pet Cemetary" (or did King spell it Semetary?), but I was disappointed by the movie, mostly because it's really difficult to make a '2 year old cutie pie growling (with his hands like claws) look anything but silly. :wink:

·
Registered
998 Posts
WITHOUT a doubt........THE MOST SCARY MOVIE OF MY LIFE WAS.................................MY FIRST WEDDING VIDEO! What was I thinking?! :lol: Mind you my ex-wife would PROBABLY give this EXACT SAME ANSWER!

Be afraid, be VERY afraid!!!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts