Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well she's been doing this for about a week, they are 4 weeks old...at first it seemed like just playing since the babies didnt make any noise, but tonight it appears she's bitting them hard enough to make them shriek...its like she's playing really rough with them, she'll grab them with her front paws, bite them and kick them with her rear legs while holding them.

anything to worry about?

·
Registered
29 Posts
That is a tough one. Is she a good mother other than this? Is she good about feeding and cleaning? If she was I would guess that it was nothin to worry about, but who knows sometimes.

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
I used to worry when Precious would discipline a kitten by biting its neck, and even though I was certain all was well, I would worry about it. But she was an excellent mother. Just keep your eyes open. All of our kittens were fine and she play fought with all of them. Four weeks is a bit young. Is this her first litter?

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
my cat vienna use to also do this, i would worry that it was coz she didnt like us being around the kittens so id leave her, but like others have said i think its a cat version of giving the kiddies a spank!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts