Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wanting to take both of my 7yo purely one-house males Pete and Fred in a motorhome for a few weeks each year but don't want to stress them overly to such a new environment unless it will result in adapting to this very new and somewhat confining life..I'm hoping they'll grow to love it but I'm concerned and don't want to try this without some advise Help!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
My worry about this would be how escape-proof is it? I worry most about them getting out. Or getting under foot as you drive.

Most people seem to think that cats hate to travel or have change in their lives. We think our pets would rather be with us than left behind.
We bought a weekend place in March. Every weekend, we load the cats and dogs up and head off to the lake. Zoey hates her carrier, but she isn't fighting us about getting in the crate any more. And less talking during the drive as long as we put her crate on the floor behind the front row of seats. Talley will chill out in her carrier when it is left out. She likes to be up high during the drive, so she can watch the changing scenery.

My daughter travels for her job, with a new location every 13 weeks. Harper, her cat, travels with her. long drives, even airplane flights. Harper started traveling as a kitten, back and forth between college and our home. She enters her carrier on command.

I can't say they love to travel, but they tolerate it well.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mo4:
Good point about escaping..I mistakenly thought they would behave as if they were home which I never worry about, leaving the door open for short periods no problem but since this motorhome will be a totally new cat-house/carrier for them..I'm wondering now?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm hoping more cat forum members have experience taking their cat with them especially regarding motorhoming and maybe could share some tips they learned..it's not often discussed here but we need help also. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts