Cat Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I moved the thread from member "scud". It isn't really suitable for a family environment. The problem could have been asked without the explicit sexual commentary.

Scud's been a member since March, but has never posted until now. It has the feel of a troll posting.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Yeah that's some questionable material. It easily could've been asked in a more suitable manner. It could be genuine, but of course, it may not be.

However, I would think a troll would register and get right down to trolling, rather than wait a few months.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree that the waiting is unusual for a troll. He could be contacted by PM, and asked to resubmit his question, but in a more prudent and suitable manner.

Being a new moderator, I'll hold off any action and get the opinions or see what usual protocol is.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Empath said:
Being a new moderator, I'll hold off any action and get the opinions or see what usual protocol is.
I hear ya...

Although he just reposted the topic asking not to have it deleted. I'm going to PM him and ask him to try and re-post his question in a much better way.

·
Premium Member
28,610 Posts
If we put a thread or post under review, or find it necessary to edit a thread, we pm the member. Of course, Dan might disagree and put it back. I don't think anyone would put this back, however.
I don't think scud's question is appropriate for this forum at all. If his girlfriend cries out, it's the same as any other loud noise. Cats don't like sudden loud noises. He could have worded it that way. We don't need to know about scud's sex life.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
I PMed him, he replied and said that he understood and that he'd try to figure out a better way to put things.

Did we handle the situation okay? To be honest, I hated being tested on my "first day".

·
Premium Member
28,610 Posts
The only thing I would recommend strongly is that only one mod handle the situation. If more than one mod steps in, online or by pm, we will be accused of ganging up on members. If in doubt, post in the mod's forum and ask for other opinions. Since there were so few of us, we left the thread under review until Dan made the final decision.

If I edited a post, I always put the original wording in my post in the mod's lounge. It could then be restored. That has happened, on occasion. (I am a bit of a prude, being a mother and a teacher!)

·
Premium Member
28,610 Posts
Rob, why not practice by moving this thread to the mod's lounge :) ? That's what we usually do---move the thread to under review and announce it and discuss it in the mod's lounge. No big deal, just a suggestion.

·
Registered
6,799 Posts
Hes reposted it, with a read with caution note, just so whoever is dealing with it knows.

Maybe we should pm him and say if his g/f is so erm... messy shall we say? he should be changing the sheets everyday anyway!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, Jeanie. It always helps to have someone around that can offer the benefits of their experience.

·
Premium Member
28,610 Posts
I have mentioned this problem to Dan. Only one mod should handle the problem, from beginning to end, in my opinion. If, for example, there is a disagreement between a member and a mod, another mod should not jump in and stand up for a colleague. The membership considers that a power play. We have not had this problem here because we were seldom online together. I was a mod at another forum. These things caused such an uproar we lost about 30 members.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I think that entire post is very tasteless! It seems to be "trollish" to me. However he may be seriously haveing the problem described I do not think it should have been asked in that way. He could have used other phrases.

Empath I think you did the right thing by moveing the post here for consideration. I think it should be deleted (or reasked more apropriatley if it is a serious problem.) I also think the member should be warned agianst posting anymore offensive posts.

Jeanie, thanks for all the tips. I apreciate any help from a more experienced mod! :D

·
Premium Member
28,610 Posts
:oops: You're more than welcome. I still ask Dan's and Bean's advice. Every forum is slightly different. There's always something to learn! :)
James certainly did the right thing when he moved the thread here.

James, did you expect to become the sex therapist here? :wink: Surprises around every corner in this life! I've never run across one like this before. Perhaps we should call James "Dr. Phil." I don't think the title doctor is incorrect, however. My guess is that James has a doctorate.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Jeanie said:
Perhaps we should call James "Dr. Phil." I don't think the title doctor is incorrect, however. My guess is that James has a doctorate.
I'd take an honorary if offered, but no one has been inclined to do so. :lol: I think the other type requires more work and dedication than my youth produced. It is though, an honor to be thought of that way. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts