Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, my name is Dolan and I'm new to the forum. I'm kinda sick to my stomach because of my cat not making it inside the house during our move. Let me explain a little about my cat. Her name is Itti, we got her about 6/7 years ago in a town where she was on her own. Shes pretty wild and will NOT let you pick her up. She took to me more than anyone else and will jump up on my lap and let me pet her but thats the extent of it. She wont run from me but she certainly wont go to anyone else except my wife and thats rare as well.

The trouble started during our move of course and I had to confine her in a room, grab her and stick her in a container and than the back of a trailer and bring her to our new house. She got out of the container twice in the old house before I could finally get her into the trailer. I know that may sound harsh the way I transported her but shes quite wild and I had no other choice. Once I got to the new house I knew she had gotten out of the container and was loose in the trailer. I opened the trailer and she took off into the woods and looked back a couple of times. I've been calling her and calling her but get nothing. Will she be ok? Will she eventually come to me or is she even within range of my voice? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!!!

·
Registered
983 Posts
I'm sorry :( was it just a container, not a cat crate, you know, ones that lock? ... in any case, a scared cat will probably get out of anything, if it wanted to.

I'd try to offer cat food and a familiar sound to the cat.. like a can opener or a sound of her food cans being opened? Also, set out her bed and meal on a porch maybe, she could come back... but it would be hard to tell, since it's a new area to her and she's not familiar with where YOU are...

she might even try to go back to your old house... maybe you can go back there and check it out???

good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply.......................shes still "out there" we've been talking with her and letting her know where we are. She doesnt seem too scared but acts like shes a little miffed with me and I dont blame her. She came up to my wife, whom she isnt best pals with but has kept her distance from me but does give me a meow or two. Its night here now and I'm keeping an ear and eye out for her. Hopefully she'll come in before we call it a night. I'm not sure that she will beat a path back to the old house but who knows? I do have access to the old house for a week so if we dont spot her here in the morning I'll have a look see there.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
What a tricky situation since your kitty is skittish. My Cheerio was 15 weeks or older when we got her from the wild so she still hasn't warmed up completely to us - more than half a year after having trapped her. I dread the idea of her getting away - just like you I would be very tense about it.
Is she spayed? Becasue if she isn't that might be another reason why she won't come home for now. Even if she is spayed I recommend trying to trap her in a humane trap or a kitty carrier. I assume she comes to you in order to eat. If she does here is some iformation on how do trap her:
http://www.catforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=7297
I truly hope you can catch her soon - best of luck and please let us know if there is any progress!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
She is spayed and has all her claws as well. Shes a hunter, no fear of her starving for sure. This just took place today so hopefully it wont be long before she realizes everything is fine. We have another cat that is here in the house and if we can get them two "talking" that may help. My wife said while I was out the kitty got closer to the house...........time will tell!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts