Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
5,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
John (outgoing flatmate) knew about Toby from the beginning and we have 'co-owned' him from the start. John moved into the flat one day, Toby the next.

But I'm about to enter an entirely different situation (when I find somewhere) in which I'll be bringing a cat into a household of strangers. Has anyone else done this and how has it worked out?

Any thoughts much appreciated!

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Well I don't know what to say about the advise you asked for but I hope your move goes smoothly for you and your pirate pig cat. It seems like such a shame that you have to worry about this when Toby may not be at his best. :patback

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I am a firm believer in cats pick up on your feelings and react to them. It affects them more than the change in location.

We bought a lakehouse last Winter. Most of our furniture was loaned to us by our daughter (she had it in storage while she travels). We moved everything in, including clothing and some of our stuff before we brought the cats in. We didn't have to worry about open doors and they had familiar smells around them when they arrived. They have done fine with the new schedule of traveling on Friday and Sunday between houses.

So I expect Toby to do well if you do.

·
Banned
5,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thankfully Toby is very adaptable - he was in countless foster homes as a young cat so gets used to new places pretty quick. It's very sad that I have to drag him away from his home now when he is so sick though :(

Not that you'd believe he was dying of cancer at the moment - doing really well ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts