Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I been doing my best to keep my curious daughter away from the kittens. She is doing better about it and I have learned not to pick them up to examine them in her presence because she wants to follow suite. But the thismorning for no apparent reason I found siame and one of her kittens behind my couch in my living room. I moved them back to the box and siame stayed there for a while, then this evening I caught her picking up one of the kittens (the same one actually) and trying to move it. It seems like she only wanted to move the one because the other two were left in the box when I found her behind the couch, practically hugging that kitten, and not bothering to go back to the box for the other ones. When I caught her in the process of moving this time I calmly set her back in her box and held her down (gently but firmly) petted her until I felt her relax. She doesn't get agressive when I touch the cats at all, or even when my daughter gets near them. So I assume its nothing to do with that. Could there be another reason for her to want to do this? I don't want her to move them somewhere and not know where they are at. I have a small apartment so there are only limited places I can really have her with the kittens. Any suggestions or thoughts would be helpful.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
a week and a half. Their eyes are open and they are starting to try to walk. She has done well with them where they are since I brought her inside (they were about a day old then)

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Do you think it's possible that she senses that something is wrong (sick) with this kitty and she is moving it because of that reason?

·
Registered
53 Posts
my cat did the exact same thing only her the place she chose was under my bed! 8O at first it worked holding her in the box and then she would do the same thing all over agian with only one kitten. she didnt seem to care which kitten it was though. and it would take her forever to go back and get the rest of them. i finally got her to go back in her box but only because i took cardboard and duct taped it along the sides of my bed to keep her from getting back under. this however only worked for a couple days, this morning i woke and found them all under the bed again. she managed to pull part of the cardboard up so she could slide under the bed. but i just pulled them all out and put them back in the box. shes never agressive or anything when i handle her or the kittens. i think shes just crazy haha. anyway today the kittens are a week old so this all started when they were only a day or two old. but so far shes happy with the box again. *shrugs*

i dont really know what to tell you except that you will have to block off any place that she targets if she is trying to move the kittens so that she will just stay in the box. maybe try moving the box to a different location. i had to move my box across the room. it was in a closet but after i finally got her back in the box i didnt want to jinx it by moving the box. so i left it towards the corner of my bedroom. good luck! just try to keep your patience. my cat drove me CRAZY when she would move the kittens under my bed. ugh! i just wanted to scream bc it was so frustrating.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts