Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be moving 1800 miles away in about 2 weeks and I would like to know the best way to transport my three cats(one of which is a nervous feral). I was originally going to drive them, stopping at hotels along the way, but I fear they can't endure a 3 day trip. I know having them sent via plane isn't safe and neither are prescribed tranquilizers. So.. what can I do? Has anyone had success with Bach flower remedies for this? I have "Rescue Remedy" I just don't know how much to give them..

·
Registered
755 Posts
My family and I move quite a bit and most of the time we travel by car and most of the time our cats (4) drive with us. We use large dog crates which we put the cats in with a litter box and water. Our cats have traveled a lot so they are pretty use to it by now, but with yours, I suggest taking him for short car rides just to get him use to driving if you plan on taking them with you in the car. Also, talk to your vet, she may have some medication or suggest special remedies for your cat to calm him down during the move. Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts