Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
I suggest putting your cats in a crate (possibly a dog crate if you have one) with a small litter box inside. If the trip to your new house is a short drive, putting them in a regular size cat carrier will be enough. If your move is anything like all mine, its very busy. When you get to your new home, place your cats together in one of the rooms in your house with a litter box until you get settled in. Stick a “do not enter” sign on the door so none of the movers open it and let your cats out. Your cats wont know the new area and if your kitties get outside, they'll be lost and might run away trying to get to their old home. Good luck with your move! :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tips. It'll be a fairly short move. But, with kitties any move is a big one. I got a couple of halters & leashes to help get them familiar with the new surrounding outside. After a few days inside, of course. I'm going to try to keep a calm, positive atitude. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

·
Registered
44 Posts
make sure you don't let them into a room with something that they can hide under that you would be able to get them out from under (such as a bed or dresser). they may be under there for days. for the first day or so, a bathroom (if you have more than one) is your best bet. put a bed or towels for them to snuggle on and water and food, and of course a litter box. when you let them out, make sure they can't get to the bed rooms. i'd close all the other doors too, and let them take it one step at a time. don't push them.
i've moved many shy cats :roll:
hope this helps. good luck on the move!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts