Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My boyfriend and I currently live in the apartment that our 3 cats call home. Our plan was to stay here for another year but unfortunately our rent went up a little too much so a move is in order. One of the main reasons I didn't want to move yet was because of the cats. I know cats are very in tune with their environment. At the moment our three cats get along amazingly. I don't want this to be effected by the move. What is the best way to move with multiple cats to ensure a good transition?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Did you already move? For me, moving my cats was the most stressful during the actual move. Getting them from one place to the other. They hate the car. It freaks them out. They are already on edge because of all the packing.

Moving day is chaotic. I can't let them out in the open while all the movers are going to and fro with doors opening and closing. The last time I moved, I put the cat in the basement first with a closed door, which was good, because that is where his litter box is. The noise and confusion can be scary for them, so you probably want to find a quiet space for them until the move is done.

After that, my cats walk around close to the ground and freaked out, but adjust to the new space pretty quickly. Although I remember one cat hanging around on the stairs for a long time wondering what they were after a move. The space is different, but the smells are the same, if you bring the same furniture, their furniture, you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts