Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I was passing by and MowMow was paying too much attention to himself so I investigated and found poo marbles attached to him. I grabbed some paper towels and when I pulled them off something made a snapping noise (it sounded like when I tug/break a piece of my own hair) and they were free.

I didn't think anything of it. I have really long hair and I shed even more than he does so I figured he ate some of my hair it got stuck. Today he was laying on my computer chair and suddenly started licking again so I investigated and same deal. I cleaned him off and it seemed like a danglie again. I cleaned his litter box (just in case) and went about my morning. Until I saw a little marble under the window sill that i had to clean up.

Should I worry that he's pooping hair? Or could it be something more than hair? Like worms?

·
Registered
709 Posts
I can't help, I'm afraid. But I'm very interested in the responses as Mitzi has the same thing. I've always thought they were hair balls (as they've always been very hairy) especially as they have increased in the warmer weather.

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
It's most likely hair (or fur, as the case may be). Hairballs come out both ends, to put it indelicately, and when they come out the back end, they are often attached to stool.

Laurie

·
Registered
8,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That makes me feel better. It's not like him to NOT use his box. I can't tell if he's not using the box or dragging these things out with him and then suddenly realizing it later.

He's not happy though. :p He keeps cleaning himself and seems... agitated(eating/drinking/playing though).

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
Most likely the latter. It might help to give him a dose of hairball remedy once or twice a week. That should lubricate his intestinal tract and help him pass the hair more easily.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
This IS the time of year for hairballs. My Azalia has had 2 dingleberries and counting so far. And yes, my hair somehow ends up in the cats as well *shrugz*

·
Registered
514 Posts
Sumo would eat my hair (which is long) and it would come out the other end and cause problems. Not sure what their fascination with hair is.....

One night I awoke to him sitting on my pillow and chowing down on my hair.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts