Cat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know she wasn't a cat, but she had quite a fan club on here, so I thought I would let you all know as well.

I appologize for not being around here in the past few weeks. I've actually been on medical leave from work and am going through a lot of upheaval at home etc. In the midst of this, Moxie just began declining rapidly and I had to make the difficult decision to let her go this evening. Heartbroken cannot even begin to describe how I'm feeling. She was a special dog. I know all dog owners think their dogs are special, but I've worked with dogs all my life, and Moxie was truly one in a million. She loved me perfectly every day of our lives together. It didn't matter if I wasn't being a good mom, she loved me for me, unconditionally. More than that, she loved everyone. She was a working therapy dog for 10 years. She was good at lifting spirits and drying tears. She was more than a best friend. She was a soul mate. My heart dog. I miss her more than words can describe. Run free in heaven baby girl. Chase all the tennis balls, tree all the armadillos, bark at every possum, squeak every squeaky toy, eat every cookie, and enjoy yourself. One day, I'll see you again, and we will never again be separated.

Just a few photos for now. I will make a video in a few days.
These were taken today.

Moxie is irreplaceable in my heart.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I remember thinking what a beautiful dog she was in the "cats and dogs" thread. I'm sorry for your loss.

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
My deepest condolences on the passing of your dear Moxie. What a sweet face she had! You're right, someday you will see her again and it will be a joyous reunion....

Fran

·
Super Moderator
26,492 Posts
Oh, Rachael, I'm so very sorry. Moxie was a beautiful dog who had the best life ever with you.

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Rachael, my heartfelt condolences on the loss of your beloved Moxie. I feel as if I lost one of my family members. Hugs to you and headbutts and purrs to Thurston, Sully, and Ninja. How are they doing?

·
Registered
239 Posts
oh how very sad to read Moxie was beautiful inside & out my heart goes out to you at this heart breaking time xxxx

Moxie did not look ill in the photo's, I am not sure if this make's it more or less sad for you, what was wrong with her if you don't mind me asking?????

run free beautiful Moxie xxxx

·
Registered
6,953 Posts
I'm so, so sorry. You probably remember from all of your posts that I was in love with Moxie the minute I saw her first picture. I even sent her picture to my sister and said, "This is the cutest dog ever." You could just tell from her pictures that she was a very sweet soul.

Moxie was well-loved and I don't think there's more you could have offered her than that. Rest in peace, sweet Moxie.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here is a link to the tribute video I made for her.
Click Here

Long story short Moxie has lots of issues catch up to her at once, kidney failure, liver disease, hip displaysia, spinal stenosis, and cognitive disfunction. In the end, she could barely walk or get up from resting and at night she was anxious lost, didn't recognize me, and was just not her anymore. I had to let her go while she still had some dignity.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm new to the board, so I didn't have a chance to "know" Moxie, but I watched your video and she seemed to be such a sweet, smart, lovely dog. I am very sorry for your loss; it's terrible to have to say goodbye to a fur baby and best friend.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts