Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Walking home yesterday, Alex was trailed by a little kitty. A woman stopped and gave him food, but then stated it wasn't her kitty. Alex grabbed the little one and brought him home. He is just THE biggest love bug! When we gave him water he drained the bowl and drank half another one. Poor baby has been missing a while. We are desperately trying to reunite him with his owner, but if we can't find them, I'm hoping we keep him. He is VERY sweet. Loves his raw meals. He is just too friendly. There is no doubt in my mind he is an escaped or dumped housecat. We have him set up in the bathroom. Going to take him to a vet later today to get checked for a microchip. We have called two local vets, posted on craigslist, sent an email to the other feral caregivers in the area, and called the shelter. Not going to dump him at the local shelter, as their holding period is only three days, then he goes UFA. If nobody wants him in like a week(or less depending on how full they are!) he would get PTS. Not having that happen to such a SWEET cat.

Brown tabby, male, unaltered(probably), small- either an older kitten or a small adult), found near Kim's Carry Out and Grocery on Rock Glen Rd- Off Frederick Ave in Western Baltimore/Catonsville. If you know someone missing a cat fitting this description in my area, LET THEM KNOW!! We want to get him home ASAP. Whoever lost this love bug has to be missing him DEARLY.

I'll post pictures later today or tomorrow. His most prominent feature would probably be his eyes. He is a stunning animal. His eyes are golden green and he has a light gold/dark white boarder to his eye. They really POP.

·
Registered
716 Posts
aw thank god he found someone like you :)

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Aww, you guys are too nice. :p Unfortunately a lot of people think it is okay to abandon pets here in Baltimore. Hopefully he isn't one of them and is in the small percent of lost cats who find their way home.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We have decided we are keeping him if his owner doesn't show up. My nickname for him is Muse. He is small and beautiful like a muse. :p

The vet who checked him for a microchip(none) said he is around 6 months, unaltered, and a wonderfully sweet little kitty. :D We will be getting him snipped if his owner doesn't show up in a week.

·
Registered
8,962 Posts
This sounds terrible, but I'd get him snipped anyway. Just in case his owners hadn't planned on doing it.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This sounds terrible, but I'd get him snipped anyway. Just in case his owners hadn't planned on doing it.

I am inclined to agree with you. Very inclined. If they intend to have him be an indoor outdoor kitty it would be better for him AND the kitties he may fight/mate with. Esp. with the number of ferals around.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts