Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About how often do you find mucus in your cats eye(s)? :shock:

I'd say about every 3-4 days I might see some, or what I assume is dried up crusties like when we wake up in the morning. Hopefully this is normal, it's not a lot like from an infection, or maybe it's a sign I need to dust more :oops:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Well, my kittens always seem to have a tiny bit of gunk. I feel the need to clean it about every other day. In all other ways they are healthy--never sneeze, cough, the goo doesn't run, and the vet says they are fine. If the cat is otherwise healthy, I wouldn't worry.

·
Registered
676 Posts
If it's mucousy/runny, it could be an illness and he should be seen by the vet.

Reguardless when is he due for a check up perhaps you could discuss it then.

If he seems to get this frequently it could be hepitits.

But really right about now with out knowing/seeing more details who knows :)

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
ralphcor said:
or maybe it's a sign I need to dust more :oops:
That is funny! :lol:
Seriously though, Velvet has always had an little eye gunk problem. I clean it off with a tissue on a regular basis. She has gotten used to it and actually doesn't seem to mind it at all. She has never shown signs of infection and only very rarely sneezes. I mentioned it to the vet early on and she wasn't concerned, seemed to think it was pretty normal. I would certainly discuss it with your vet at your cat's next check-up though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi all :) !

Our cat Alfie has a discharge from his left eye from time to time and he's had this discharge since we had from the cat rescue centre. He doesn't sneeze, he doesn't seem to be in any discomfort but I was wondering if it would be worth while getting it checked by a vet anyway? He does have a dried gunk round his eye occasionally. Any advice please?

Thx

Regards

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello Aine :) .

Thanks for the advice about this problem, as I've said Alfie seems fine in himself as a matter of fact he is at the moment driving me nuts because it's almost his tea time lol lol:)

Thanks Again

Regards 8)

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
Well, best get cracking, then, and put the kettle on! Are you near Exeter? That's where my cousins live. Well, I'm away then, dear! Give Alphie a wee pat from the States!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts