Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I spent a quiet evening at home yesterday. I went down to the rec. room in my basement to watch a movie – The Unstoppable with Denzel Washington. Not exactly Academy Award fare, but I’m a Denzel Washington fan, so I enjoyed the movie. While I was watching my movie, the girls were busy chasing each other all over the basement. Most of the basement is carpeted, except for an area at one end of the rec. room, which contains hardwood flooring.

At one point, Muffs went into high gear and chased Abby out of the rec. room, and a few minutes later, the tables had turned and Abby chased Muffs back in. Muffs came barreling into the room, running full steam over the carpet and onto the hardwood floor, whereupon she skidded about 8 feet, smack dab into the wall. She was a little dazed, but not hurt. She picked herself up and looked at me as if to say “I meant to do that”. I couldn’t help but laugh. I was particularly amused because out of one eye, I saw a train running out of control with no brakes – while out of the other eye, I saw Muffs running out of control with no brakes. Muffs the Unstoppable!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Haha, I love when cats pretend that they did something like that on purpose. If Pumpkin misses the toy while we are playing, she will immediately start grooming herself as if to say, "I wasn't actually playing; you just distracted me from my grooming."

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
Yes, that always makes me laugh when they do something silly and then pretend to be so cool about it.
People do it too, though. When you have a major klutzy trip up, isn't the first thing you do to look around and see if anyone caught you doing it?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Susan I think that both of your girls are possibly some of the cutest things on earth, and this story only solidifies that truth! At least Muffs is gracious enough to try to cover her blunder. Whenever Autumn has a klutzy moment she is convinced that it is somehow *my* fault. One time she fell off the cat tree, turned around, hissed at me and ran off :roll: Probably didn't help that I was laughing, lol.

·
Super Moderator
26,492 Posts
Very funny, Susan!

Gigi has been chasing the invisible mouse for the past hour. When she runs through the house and hits the kitchen floor, there are a couple seconds of a cartoon cat with the little feet scrambling, but going nowhere, on the tile floor. :grin:

·
Premium Member
2,855 Posts
Hahaha! That's cute, I like the imagery!

I saw that movie fairly recently, a few friends of mine really liked it but I thought the whole concept was a little too over the top. I did some investigating and read about the real train, and how a few different train incidents were actually combined for the movie and its characters, and how a lot of things in that movie simply did not happen. I wasn't surprised. :p

·
Registered
328 Posts
HAHA! Those types of moments crack me up! Why is it that they never happen when a camera is convenient.

I LOVE how cats play off klutzy moments like they didn't make a mistake. My kittens are constantly falling off the back of the loveseat (one of their favorite sleeping locations) - either to the floor behind them or the seat in front of them - and they always act like "What? I didn't do anything unusual." It always cracks me up even more.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Loves the story Susan! Man cats are entertaining, even when they aren't trying to be. :p

Kristin - Samantha does the same thing as Pumpkin. If she does anything "embarrassing" at all and gets caught doing it(she always gets caught!), she instantly starts cleaning. It's so funny! XD

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, guys! Yes...they do like to retain their dignity at all times, don't they. I too wish I'd had a video camera handy, but I never seem to have a camera when I need one.

Carmel: About the movie...most movies based on true stories say "based on a true story" at the start. When this movie started, it said "Inspired by a true story"...so I figured they were going to play a little fast and loose with the facts. Still, it was entertaining, although I think Muffs little episode was even more entertaining!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts