Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In February I adopted an orange tabby fromt he SPCA. Muhammad's been a great cat (he'll be 1 yr next week) but he tends to be aggressive. Is this typical kitty behavior? If he's just sitting on your lap and you're petting him, he'll randomly bite your hand or attack your fingers with his claws. If you're walking around the house he'll pounce and attack your feet. If you try to pick him up he'll either bite you or roll on his back and claw at you.

Is there any way to break him of this habit? Will he grow out of it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Missy

·
Registered
38 Posts
I don't think every cat is agressive in this way, but my Siamese sure is. With him, I've just learned to watch his ears when I'm petting him; if he begins to flatten them, I stop messing with him. He used to attack our ankles as well, but after he was on the receiving end of a few involuntary kicks, he's stopped that for the most part.

I also learned that if he wanted petted, he'd come and ask for it. I don't reach down to pet him anymore, I wait for him to jump in my lap, which is usually when I'm trying to do something else, but oh well. Once I figured him out, the biting and attacking has diminished a bunch for me. Maybe this'll help some :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your replies. It sounds like play therapy could be the answer for little Muhammad. We'll try it out and see how it works.

Thanks so much!
Missy & Muhammad

1 - 4 of 4 Posts