Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12,661 Posts
In a multi-post topic where you want to quote several replies, click the "-" sign NEXT TO the quote button. This will change the "-" to "+". The + means when you finally click "post reply", each post you have selected (+) will appear in your reply-box. Go in and edit between the quote tags of each reply to isolate exactly what you wanted to reply to, and then add your reply outside of the quote tags.
If you change your mind and decide there is a post you do NOT want to quote, simply go back and click the "+" sign to change it to "-" and it won't appear in your reply box.

Multi-Quote does NOT work with Quick Reply. You *must* click "Post Reply".

Try it with this topic.
Click the "-" in YOUR post AND mine ... then click reply and see how it brings up both replies in the window.
h =^..^=

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In a multi-post topic where you want to quote several replies, click the "-" sign NEXT TO the quote button. This will change the "-" to "+". The + means when you finally click "post reply", each post you have selected (+) will appear in your reply-box. Go in and edit between the quote tags of each reply to isolate exactly what you wanted to reply to, and then add your reply outside of the quote tags.
If you change your mind and decide there is a post you do NOT want to quote, simply go back and click the "+" sign to change it to "-" and it won't appear in your reply box.

Multi-Quote does NOT work with Quick Reply. You *must* click "Post Reply".

Try it with this topic.
Click the "-" in YOUR post AND mine ... then click reply and see how it brings up both replies in the window.
h =^..^=
How on Earth do I multi quote? I see there's an option to do so, but I can't figure out how to do it. Help?
So that's how to do it. Thanks, Heidi! :smile: When you get a chance, would you take a look at my post in Cat Chat entitled "Smokey did it again..."? I'd appreciate any advice you could give me.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Wow, I never knew that! I always just held ctrl while clicking quote to open the page in a new tab, and then copied-and-pasted back into my reply. XD

1 - 4 of 4 Posts