Cat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We brought home some cat grass for Murphy for the first time yesterday, and whoa baby, does he love it. He just chews and chews on it, although I don't think he's actually eating anything.

After all that excitement, back to his favorite spot in the house, this box.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I didn't know you could buy cat grass ready grown. What a good idea.

I usually grow some in winter for the boys. I start it off in the closet which holds the hot water cylinder then forget about it for days on end.
When I finally do remember and go to retrieve it it's like a jungle in there. 8O

Murphy seems to be a really happy grazer.
All that chewing wears a cat out, you know? :)

Mick.

·
Super Moderator
18,393 Posts
Murphy looks like a happy boy with all his grass. My crew just looks at it like 'why is the grass growing in the house?".

I never noticed that little spot of ginger on his white paw...too cute.

·
Super Moderator
26,542 Posts
Where did you buy the cat grass?

·
Registered
6,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I couldn't find it already grown at Petsmart, but I found it at a little local pet store called Pet Valu. They specialize in the premium foods like Merrick BG (thanks, Lisa, for the suggestion), Wellness, etc. The funny thing was that he took to it immediately. One look at that grass and he was all over it.

·
Super Moderator
26,542 Posts
My girls are so bored with me right now, I need to introduce something new in the house.

Murphy is gorgeous, as always. :D

·
Registered
6,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know what you mean, Marie ... don't you feel an obligation to produce something new and different every so often, whether it's food, a treat, a toy, etc.? If we only knew which ones were going to be a hit and which weren't. I got Murphy a stand-up thing with a bird on the end, where if you bat at it, it makes a chirping sound like a bird. Murphy had no use for it whatsoever.

·
Super Moderator
26,542 Posts
Yup, now multiply that times 3 and you see my problem. I think being home all day makes it worse. They don't miss me. Isn't that a country song? "How Can I Miss You If You Won't Leave?"

·
Registered
6,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Exactly. It's the country version of "absence makes the heart grow fonder." Then again, there's "out of sight, out of mind," so I don't know which to believe. :lol:

·
Registered
928 Posts
Hehe, Murphy looks like he loves the grass! What a cutie, I love the spot on his foot too.

lol, speaking of introducing new toys and things, I made a toy yesterday by sewing some scraps together and putting some dried catnip inside (the toy was supposed to be a mouse, but it turned out looking more like a mutant mushroom... anyway); it was a hit for about... five minutes! :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
One of the members of the feline leukemia list I am on grows cat grass in large flats. She says she has three of them and that they are large enough for her cat to roll in. She brings one flat inside at a time while the other two are outside re-growing. I have not tried it yet, and I would have concerns about bugs, but the idea sounds interesting.

·
Banned
11,024 Posts
Glad he likes the cat grass :D . Baby eats cat grass too :wink: . Why don't you put something in that box? Make it like its his bed. :lol: He is such a cutie with those white mittens.

·
Registered
30 Posts
hmm...

I just go to wheatgrassman.com and got a huge bag. I think it'll last me 2 years. I sowed it, and got more than enough grass in 7 days. So easy to do. Just soak overnight, then spead on, and cover with a little dirt. Water everyday for the first week, and you're set!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts