Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 11 year old male cat. He is a good boy and at times affectionate but he was never a lap cat. All of a sudden the past few weeks he has fought with me to sit in my lap, and he does this maybe 10 times a day if not more. Now he has fleas, which make him miserable so the only thing I can think is that perhaps this comforts him in some way? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
3,537 Posts
AWW, whatever the reason it is pretty sweet. As the fleas is concerned, it can make him miserable. Try using a good flea treatment, you can probably ask on the health forum for a good one. With my cats I have used Capstar in the past. It is a pill, but I mix it in with a little bit of food and they eat it fine. What I like is that it starts acting within an hour. Not cheap, though, at least where I live.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
If those fleas are bothering him and you're looking for an inexpensive flea treatment, you might try getting advantage (just the plain advantage, not advantage plus for ticks, too) on amazon. It's very affordable that way, but it will take a few days to get it in the mail.

In the meantime, hope you're enjoyimg laptime! Hope he's not just trying to transfer those peskyfleas to you! Ha ha!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts