Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 15 wk old tiger stripped kitten who loves to eat table scrapes she also eats her cat food but every time i go to sit down to eat shes over here begging like a dog why does she do this??????

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Are you 100% certain it is food that your cat is after and not just to play or get some attention? Dylan is 14 weeks and meows all the time just to let you know he is there or to let you know he wants to play or have a cuddle (it's quite funny cos he has different miaows for each thing).

I think giving your cat a definate set routine in feeding times and feeding him little and often should help. And definately cut out the table scraps unless you want your kitten to grow to be obese. A lot of "human" food doesn't agree with cats!

Hope this helps
Hayley

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Oh, you have to be determined and not tempted to give the cat food while you eat. Our two rascals has a built-in radar when it comes to food. If we feed them at the same time as we're having our dinner, they gulp down their food then come and beg for more ON THE TABLE. They are quick to jump up on the table and sniff the food so we have to be quick to say NO! and push them down.

Some foods are ok to give them, but don't give them too salty food, too spicy food or too much fish etc. Our kitties love hamburger meat and could kill (well claw) for it!

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Thomas used to always try to get food off my plate...sticking his head right into my food, but I never let him get any. Then if he is just sitting there behaving himself, I'll give him a little.

Now he never asks for food he just sits there and I'm able to give him a little when I want but not have him beg.

He does still do that to my mom though, I tell her it's her fault for letting him do it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts