Cat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I have 3 wonderful kitties. A 3 year old black DSH named Axel, a 1 year old black &awhile DSH a named Pickle, and his all white sister Provolone. They are all very different but get along perfectly! Axel is the snuggle bug, Pickle is the feisty one, and Provolone is a "scaredy cat". She is also what I believe to be (or at least what the Internet tells me) a "ringtail". She lies her tail flat on her back all the time. I've never seen anything like it, and neither has anyone who works at the vet office I work for (including doctors!). They are all special in their own way, however, Provolone is truly one of a kind.

·
Premium Member
8,622 Posts
Welcome Cats!
Now we REALLY need to see some pictures of your kitties!:p:D
Sharon

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
I'm sure we'd all like to see a photo especially of "Provolone" with her tail on her back.....never seen that before.

·
Premium Member
8,622 Posts
She's Gorgeous! And what a tail!:p
That is unique!

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
Hi CatsRidiculous! I think heterochromia is fairly common in white cats - or at least, cats who have heterochromia are usually white. I know one kitty who often curves his tail over his back, but I've never seen a kitty with her tail completely flat to her back like that! It's always like that? I was curious, so I poked around a little. There really isn't much information, and I don't think I saw another quite like Provolone. But someone had an interesting observation about curly-tailed (ringtailed) cats and heterochromia. It's a random person in the Netherlands, so entirely not trustworthy, lol - still, it's interesting. Cattery Riviums Brits Korthaar

Looking forward to pics of the boys!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks spirite! I'm really convinced miss provolone is one of a kind! Heterochromia may be common, but her "happy tail" is not. (That is what we call it in this house, since she always sports it and we'd like to assume she's always happy) If anyone else finds out anything please let me know! Now, as promised, here are the boys!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Aww.. so adorable. Lovely furbabies you have there!

It's called a hypermobile tail. Very much like "double jointed". Though I like the way you call it "happy Tail" !!!

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
Ooh they're cute! But I can only see the little thumbnail for Pickle. The pic of Axel opens larger when I click on it, but not the one of Pickle.

I love Axel's big round eyes. What's he wearing there? He seems sort of ....unsure about it. :D

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
LOL! He's got such a look of resignation on his face, like "Oh well, here we go again...me and a plastic bag..."

1 - 14 of 14 Posts