Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2 cats are missing as of January 27th. They got out friday evening sometime. They have been outside for 7 whole days. They are both house cats and need to be inside. They are both healthy. Not microchipped. They broke out of there collars. Here is the infor about them.

Blue belle is a short hair dark grey (almost blue in color)female cat. She is 1 years old. She has yellow eyes. Dark grey stripes on her tail and her hind legs. No white. shes a small girl who is healthy and spayed. Shes a timid girl when it comes to new people. She gets nervous around dogs.

Simba is a 2 year old orange short hair male. He has brown stripes all over his body,tail,and head. he has a white spot on his chest. his belly has white on it. he is a big boy with a small head. hes neutered. hes a little timid to new people. hes okay with my dogs...but i dont know how he would be with other dogs. simba has a little brown spot on his nose. tiny white hairs on the top of his head.

They are not used to being outside. So they must be scared somewhere. :( I am very sad that they got outside. I want them back safe & sound.
Its cold at night and i dont want them to get sick.

If you see them please bring them in and contact me asap.

please reply back to me on here or pm me.

Simba and blue are very special to me because i took care of them from the ver beginning as kittens.

:sad2 :(

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,136 Posts
Dont give up hope. Put out flyers on all telephone poles, walls etc in the area. Print up a flyer and go house to house in your neighborhood. We had an adopted cat get out and we found her after a month and a half. People were very responsive when we went house to house telling them to look out for the kitty. People who were joggers said theyd keep an eye out. We got several calls when people spotted her and we put out baited traps for her since she was so shy. Put your notice on face book too. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Where in NY are you? You can post on Craigslist, Petfinder, Facebook etc. with pictures. Have all your facebook friends share your lost cat postings. You can post fliers at the local vets and shelters. Offer a reward if you can. Call the shelters daily to see if anyone has brought in cats that match their description. If you can, put the cats used litter box outside, it may attract them to come back. You can also try leaving some of their toys and blankies with their scent and yours too. Since cats usually sleep during the day, they are more likely to come out at night when less people around. You can go search the neighborhood calling their names in a normal tone of voice. Don't yell as this may scare them. I pray they come back soon!!!

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Don't lose heart! Keep searching. Blanket the internet with their info. Also make sure everyone in your neightborhood knows they are missing. Don't forget to leave flyers and check in with vet clinics, pet stores, groomers and shelters as lost pets often end up here. If there is an emergency clinic in your area, make sure they know you are looking for these two as well. We hear stories all the time of pets being reunited after weeks, months even years missing. Hang in there!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you everyone for your comments. :)

It is day 9 now and still no signs. I put flyers in all of the mailboxes on my street and in mailboxes that are around the corner. I even made a poster that i put on the street sign at the bottom of my street. So far we got 4 people that said they will keep an eye out.

Do you think i should make another flyer saying that they are STILL Missing.....

I have 3 traps set up. 2 are cat size and one is a bigger one. They all have food inside and a towel with brynie's scent on it(the mom cat) and i have cat nip on the towel as well. I covered the traps with a towel to keep them covered.

I think i am feeding the mice too because the bowls would be empty and the doors would be open. So how am i susposed to trap the cats with the food if the darn mice keep eatting the food.

I did post on craiglist and pet finder. I didnt post on facebook because my fb friends dont live in on my street or in my area. So it wouldnt make sense really.

I did email our local shelter and my mom called them too..they said nothing yet. :(

Im in orange county....blooming grove.

While im out in the woods looking...i say *simba......blue..... who wants a treat?....whose hungry.... * I am out first thing in the morning walking all over. then take an a break and then go outside at lunch time and look again... then come back inside and then go back out later at night...

I am so scared for my 2 kitties. I love them so much...i wish this had never happend!

·
Super Moderator
26,517 Posts
One trick I heard that works is spreading some litter from their box around the house. That's a smell they'll detect and it might lead them home.

·
Registered
230 Posts
So sorry your kitties are missing! I really hope you find them soon.
One of my cats was missing for a few weeks, and then one night he came home in the middle of the night crying at our front door.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Do you think i should make another flyer saying that they are STILL Missing.....
Yes, definitely! After a while ppl will forget or won't pay attention. Another flyer would be very helpful. Also did you give out flyers to all shelters/vets/pet shops in your area, or even a bit further? My friend's cat went missing and ended up in a local shelter, which contacted my friend.

Wish you and your cats good luck! Finger crossed

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Thanks for the reminder to register my cats chips.

i went with the KC of America and paid the extra $20 per cat to but out an Amber Alert in a 50 mile radius if my cats go missing.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I will make a new flyer and send them out again.

Im also going to get some bright color poster board and remake my sign and pos it on the street sign at the bottom my street and 2 other places too.

My mom is going to put up a flyer at our vet and at the local vets in our town.

we are going to check the shelters again.

I put out a litter box on the side of my house. I put some smelly poo from my 2 other cats in it .. so maybe that will help?

i check outside every night with a flash light. i make a swoop around the house looking and i dont see any shiny eyes with my flashlight. :(

I feel bad for brynie...i think shes depressed about them being gone. She spends alot of time in my room sleeping and doesnt eat her food that much. she would pick at her dinner .. :( i dont want her getting sick because of this...

·
Premium Member
2,855 Posts
This must be devastating, I'm so sorry. I hope they are found.

There's already a lot of good suggestions here. If you've only put out a few posters, I would suggest making more like 100+, putting them on all poles in the neighborhood, all stores in the area, especially vets, pet food stores, and grocery stores, branch out - it's been a while, they could have traveled a long way. Make sure to ask everyone in the area to check in garages and such. Repost your lost information on Craigslist/Petfinder every few days. Mention a reward. Phone the SPCA and other rescue organizations every few days, visit them and give them pictures of your cats...

Don't lose hope.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Today we dropped off a flyer at the humane society and the local vet office. Tomorrow my mom is going to drop off another flyer at our vet office.

The traps are all set. They have fresh food in them. I have a litter box outisde. I have towels inside the traps with good smells on them.

Question...Should i cover up the traps to keep them camaflodge? or should i take the towels off of the traps so they can see them?

I get up first thing in the morning to look for them and i look during the day,and late at night. I look for shiny eyes at night. Still no signs.

I want Simba & Blue back NOW!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Could they have gotten into a building and gotten trapped in there?My cat was missing only a day and I was beside myself I went around at dawn and dusk that day(because they are less afraid to answer at dawn and dusk)calling around all the buildings in my neighborhood and sure enough he had gotten into my neighbors old garage(holes in some of the windows etc) Cats are really good at sqeezing into spaces where they shouldn't go and in this case he wasn't sure about getting out!I asked my neighbor could he let him out and out he ran and also there was another in there(I think they were fighting and chased each other in there)You just never know.Also my sisters friend her cat disappeared and was trapped in a building for like several weeks.So check the buildings around your house.Good Luck I hope you find them.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
UPDATE 2/9

Simba has been found!!!

I was outside looking around with my flashlight and i herd some noise in the bush by my front porch.. at first i didnt see anything...then all of a sudden i herd some meowing. it was coming from under the stairs of the porch. so i look with my flashlight and i see simba's head peeking out...so i was calling him and he came out and i was able to grab him.

So i took him inside to the back room and closed the door and gave him dry food,canned food,and water. H was super hungry. He also lost alot of weight.
i pulled off a tick that was on his head. :(

So simba is sleeping in the back room for the night to calm down and back to the swing of things. T hen we will let him out in the morning. :)

Mom is going to call the vet the morning to see if we should bring him in. (they close early in fridays...so maybe on monday he could go).

This morning before i left for the barn,i put up brand new posters(i made them last night...my arts & craft project for the night)on 3 different street signs. So now i have to go and change them. I have to update my online ads as well.

But i am happy that simba is back. Now the main focus is on Blue! My poor little girl...she has to be somewhere near by... i did see her father(smokey)and i told him to bring her home. The traps are still set up with tuna in them.

So wish me luck on finding blue!

·
Premium Member
2,855 Posts
That's wonderful! I'm so happy for you! :D

Fingers crossed for Blue's safe return!

Often cats don't get too far from home and end up hiding out somewhere (which seems to be the case with Simba) so hopefully you'll find her close to home soon.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts