Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, newbie here. I'm in the process of adopting two 2 Month old Kittens from the Humane Shelter here. Heres Sid and Marty....pics are from the Shelter.

Very excited to having them. Just a few questions, if anyone has some advice. Litterboxes? Should I have two of them? Food and water dishes also? Where is a good site to read up on how much to feed them ? Thanks!

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
Oh my goodness, your new babies are adorable!! When will you be able to bring them home?

Head over to the health and nutrition section for information about the best food, etc.

·
Super Moderator
26,540 Posts
Sid and Marty Kroft? :D

I can only see the first picture. :(

I would get two litterboxes. I know people say get one for each cat, plus one, but two should be plenty.

For dishes, don't use plastic. I remember reading about it leading to feline acne and such.

You can read this to see about food and nutrition. Kittens can pretty much eat all they want, they are so active and will burn off every calorie.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9107

I can't wait for more pictures, and stories! I adopted Cali and Charlee when they were little and boy, are you in for a treat! 8O :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Marty and Sid! I totally didn't even think of the Crofts, ha, that's funny. And I get to take them home on Thursday. I am so excited!

·
Super Moderator
26,540 Posts
Oh, my!!! :heart :heart

This is going to be a long week! I can't wait until Thursday, and I'm not even the one getting them!

·
Super Moderator
26,540 Posts
If you find yourself too sleep deprived, you can send them to San Diego for a little vacation.

P.S. Our vacations here last for years..... :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can I bring myself along? :luv I visited San Diego 3 years ago and absolutely loved the city! Your so lucky to live there, and considering in 3 months we'll be hitting -30 Temps, San Diego sounds good to me!
By the way, do you let your cats out?

·
Super Moderator
26,540 Posts
Don't speak too soon. It was 101 at my house on Saturday! No a/c. But that's rare. I love the weather here, the average year-round temp is 72-75.

I do not let my cats out. Most everyone except me on my cul-de-sac has at least one dog. Plus there's traffic, coyotes, rat poison, and mean kids and adults.

But my girls have 5 cat trees, 9 window sills, and toys galore. They love watching the birds at the feeders next door.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts