Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pictures of Jonah in the Gallery! He is awesome! 1 week after his surgery he jumped up on the bed and off. Today I moved him up to the loft to get the resident cats time to sniff out the bedroom he was in for 2 days. I carried him up the stairs, gently set him down to check out his new environment. I set him down he went down the steps and sniffed around and had a bit of a tougher time but made his way back up almost no problem.
They had guessed him to be close to two weeks with his leg stuck in that terrible trap. For him to have eaten his way down to his skeleton and it was already dried up they thought it to be that long. The infection had set in and reeked of gangrene. I CANNOT imagine what this little baby went through.
But you know what, to look at him now, he is calm and loving (Wayyyyyy loving, I lay down with him and he crawls right up in my face to snuggle and (don't tell my mom, she is not a fan of getting close to animals, My sweet husband don't mind, so .....) but Jonah loves to give kisses on my cheek with that sandpaper tongue!!!!! :D :D What an amazing cat! We are thrilled! :D :D Just couldn't keep it all in, had to share!!! Thanks for listening :wink:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Oh!! poor poor kitty getting stuck in a trap.

He is super cute!!! And it sounds like he is getting lots of love :lol:

What a happy ending for Jonah!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all for sharing in our joy with our Jonah! :D He is just so unbelievable! He is now going up and down the stairs 8O (we have three staircases and actually that was my greatest concern for Jonah). I am just guessing that perhaps with what this sweet baby has been through and survived, that stairs are a piece of cake! He is a determined cat, he's shown that.
Jonah is adapting especially well, as we are now beginning to slowwwwwwwwwly introduce him to the rest of the family :D He has his own private room in the loft but we have now given him a slumber buddy and sidekick, our youngest 10 month old, Kizie. They are bonding well and Kizie is especially easy going and tender.
This is my first attempt at using vanilla and it appears to be taking off that edge. :) Well just wanted to share an update from the Iowa Kitty Ranch :D

·
Registered
651 Posts
I'm glad to hear he's doing so well! I remember being upset when I saw Xander after his surgery....so if you have any of those feelings, it's ok! After the stitches come out and his hair grows back, you'll end up like us....we often forget Xander only has the 3 legs until someone points it out! :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts