Cat Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

the one on the left is Pete, the one in the back is Amadeus(o-muh-day-us), and the one on the right is Yoda.

They are 1/4 Siamese, 1/2 orange tabby, and 1/4 unknown. They are a little over 2 months old now.

·
Registered
12,661 Posts
*grabby hands* What sweet looking Tortie girls! :luv ...and I simply *love* the name of "Pete" for one of the girl-kittys. :lol:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The thing is that I didn't name them and I am the only one who thinks they are girls. Everyone else thinks they are boys :?

·
Registered
829 Posts
So which are they? Boys or Girls? lol they are adorable. But how in the world do you tell them apart! They all look alike in the photos.

·
Registered
12,661 Posts
It is a *very* rare occurance if a calico/tortie is male. It is a genetic oddity, making the cat XXY and usually sterile. Torties and Calico's are black and red because the color genes are carried on the female "X" gene. Boys can only be one color (XY) and girls (XX) carry a color on each X-gene. If the colors are different, like red and black, then the cat is calico/tortoiseshell. Solid colored female cats are either both red X's or both black.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think they are all girls, and everyone else thinks they are all boys. But whatever they are they look like they are all the same gender. I can tell them apart because Pete has bright markings around his eyes, Yoda is more gray, smaller, and three of his left toes are white. And then Omy doesn't have bright toes or bright eye markings.

EDIT: heidi posted right before me

·
Registered
534 Posts
How beautiful!

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Martho, have you checked to confirm the kittens' gender? You'll have to lift their little tails and examine their "equipment", so to speak. Males would look like this: :. Females would look like this: ¡. I'm sure Heidi, or someone else, will post better pictures or even links to better pictures.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
I'm going into a cute coma.

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Dave_ph said:
I'm going into a cute coma.
Yeah, there's a lot of cuteness. If you want to recover from your coma, then DO NOT look at the thread entitled, "My Rescue". I fell off my chair from the cute. You've been warned.

·
Super Moderator
26,541 Posts
Cute kittens. What happened to Spotty?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
By the link Heidi posted, I am about 98.563282562573% sure they are girls. But my sister still thinks they are boys. I think she just doesn't want to admit I was right. Spotty is doing better than she ever has, ever since we started giving her raw ground beef instead of the cheap wet food her scabs have gone away, she can walk about twice as good, and her ear is doing slightly better but that infection just doesn't want to leave. My dad wants to try putting some hydrogen peroxide in her ear but I am afraid that might hurt her a lot.

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Martho said:
By the link Heidi posted, I am about 98.563282562573% sure they are girls. But my sister still thinks they are boys. I think she just doesn't want to admit I was right.
Well, when you bring them in for their eventual check-up, you can have your vet sex the kittens for you. Bring your sister with you so that when the vet tells you that they are, in fact, girls, you can look at your sister with a very smug look on your face and say, "I knew it! I told you so, ______________! (<---- insert sister's name)" Can't argue with the vet, right? :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
28,617 Posts
Hydogen Peroxide is not a good idea, as it kills good cells as well as bad cells. I think Spotty will have to see the vet. I doubt that raw ground meat will substitute for vet care. Glad Spotty is a bit better, though!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts