Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a new kitten 2 days ago. I went to walmart and there was a lady giving away free kittens. I went over just to check them out. They were shivering... freezing cold. I noticed that their eyes were all gunky and gross. I picked up the one hiding underneath all of its siblings. Desperately trying to get warm.

I just HAD to take this little baby home with me. I couldn't say no once I had its little body in my arms. Bought all of its supplies at walmart. My fiance checked the sex of the kitten, and he said that it was female.

I took her to the vet yesterday to get her eyes checked out. She has worms, a bacterial infection, and an upper respiratory infection. She got vaccinated and is now on 3 separate medications. AND... we found out that she is actually MALE!!!!

His name was "Skittles" before I found out he was male. LOL.

I THINK he is a long hair, or at least a medium long hair.

Here HE is...

You can see his eye goop on his face.

The white looks marbled through the red.

·
Super Moderator
26,542 Posts
Skittles is adorable and it's easy to see how you could not say no.

But shame on that woman for giving away SICK kitties who are too young to be separated from their mother.

Skittles is lucky to have someone who took him to a vet right away. I hope the rest of his littermates are just as lucky.

He is absolutely beautiful. :D

·
Registered
6,952 Posts
Ohhh, what a cutie! His coloring and marbling, as you said, is just gorgeous. I'm so glad to hear you got Skittles to the vet and he has a much better shot now that you took care of him. That was a great thing for you to do. And Skittles.....that goes either way, doesn't it? :lol:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I really hope that its litter mates went to good homes and got the proper vet care. They were all so sickly looking. :(

All the kittens were gone within an hour!

There were 4 other ones. I almost took the tortie, but Skittles captured my heart!!!

·
Registered
515 Posts
Good job in bringing Skittles home with you.
Knowing me and my hubby, I probably would have taken all of them home, got them to the vet, made sure that they were healthy, and then either found new homes for them, or I would have taken them to our local humane society. That, however, is just me. I still think that you did a terrific job in getting at least one of them a good home. Enjoy him while he is still young, because as you probably know, it doesn't take long for them to become cats.

Just in case, please don't take what I said offensively, that was not my intent.
I understand that most people can't take in a bunch of kittens no matter how much they might want to. The fact that you took one at all tells me of your generous heart.

·
Banned
5,531 Posts
Poor wee cutie. So glad he has a good home now!! :heart

·
Registered
409 Posts
What an adorable little boy! I am so glad you saved him! You have a beautiful little girl as well! Thanks for sharing your story and pics. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts