Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year we moved to our new home which sits in the woods on several acres. One of our neighbors came by one day about 3 months after we moved in to introduce herself. Her dog was with her as was a young tabby cat which she called by name but I really dont remember. As she left, the cat kept standing there looking at me and my house, then the neighbor then back to me like she was trying to decide what to do. The neighbor walked on back down our driveway and down the road calling the cat but the cat opted to turn around and high tail it up my steps, on my porch and sit down. The cat has lived at my house 24/7 ever since!!

I did not feed her for over 4-5 months, not the first time and she still remained at my house even after trying my best to run her off. Ialso took her back down the road to their house but within minutes, she was back. I walked down to the neighbors house ( mile or so away) and spoke with the husband and he said the cat did not belong to them but maybe it was their sons. He just laughed it off and said looks like we had ourselves a cat! I also found out she was fixed!! PURRRRfect!!!

So we started feeding her and now we have an adopted kitty...well, she REALLY adopted us! She is such a sweetie! Loves to catch lizards and loves her belly rubbed. Not sure why she thought life at our house was better but I sure enjoy her smle and meow when I walk outside, she is such an unexpected pleasure!! We call her ' Miss Kitty'!!

·
Super Moderator
18,393 Posts
What a great story! Since the neighbor didn't know where she came from, maybe she belonged to the people who lived in the house before you and they didn't take her with them.

She's an adorable girl.

(Moving this to Meet My Kitty for you)

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
Miss Kitty is beautiful! I love how she decided that you were her forever family.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
She's gorgeous!

You got your kitty the same way I got my Rotten :lol: After three months or so of trying to ignore the black fluff living in my garden, who followed me around every time I left the house, and who didn't leave even in the dead of winter...I finally let her into my heart. Nothing like being the chosen one, eh?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts