Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cat & I live alone in a studio apartment. He has lived in several other places, but nowhere this small. Since living here he has grown more melancholic, and over the past two weeks he has begun to pee outside of his litter box. Obviously, I don’t want to encourage this behavior. I’ve bought him a cat backpack & he loves to go outside with me, so I also take him with me when I visit people. He has regained his playfulness, but when we get back to my apartment his depressed behavior returns. Does anyone have ideas as to what I can do? I am heavily considering adopting him a feline friend.

·
Registered
652 Posts
How long have you and your cat been in your apartment? How many hours a day are you with him? Is he active usually? He seems like a social cat. Is he good with other cats? How old is he?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How long have you and your cat been in your apartment? How many hours a day are you with him? Is he active usually? He seems like a social cat. Is he good with other cats? How old is he?
We have been in this apartment for four months. I’m here for most of the day & all night, I leave him alone for about 4 hours a couple days a week. He is a rather playful cat, but is more of a snuggly kinda dude. He likes other cats that are nice to him, and he is about 5 years old!

·
Registered
652 Posts
Hmm. He doesn't seem very lonely but it sounds like he'd like a furry friend! In four months, he should have gotten used to your apartment. Has he been checked out by a vet? I suggest that he be checked out just in case he's sick. If you get another cat. I suggest one he's age but just as playful. If you can't find a 5 year old that is playful, you can shoot for a younger cat.

·
Registered
5,554 Posts
Automated toys, such as Flippity Fish, food puzzles can keep a cat amused.....just put out one at a time, not too many all at once. Another kitten would keep him amused. Just do your homework, and get one that's over 3 mos. old that has been together with his momacat and litter mates for that amount of time so he is well socialized in his behavior and manners to other cats and people. Your boy sounds like he would be receptive of having a companion. All the best!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts