Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
getting spayed! I'm so nervous! I know they will be fine, but I can't help worrying. I feel so silly. :roll: Just a couple more hours before I can pick them up.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
It is normal, Rayona..I remember just a little while ago I was a pack of nerves ...I am sure it will turn out well. Tell us how it went :)

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
Make sure you go do something like shopping, thats what I did when I got them spayed and neutered and in no time, they were done and ready to go home with me. I hope everything went well! :lol:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I called and the vet said they are fine. Whew. I'm leaving work early and spending the rest of the day with them girls at home.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
*helping Rayona wipe the sweat off her forhead* :)

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I'm home, and the kittens are fine but very fussy. Their wobbles are pretty much gone, but they won't stop hissing at each othet so they're in different rooms now. How long should they be angry like this? I don't remember from my other cats.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I went Nuts when Drizz went to the Vet. :cry:

I cried. :cry:

He's my Baby!!

But he was OK. He loved me more after. Hehe. :D

·
Registered
220 Posts
Your reaction to your pets being at the vets is normal. Although I have misgivings about leaving them alone for overnight, my fears are only allayed when I pick them up early the next morning.

I think when cats are in pain or discomfort, their natural instincts is to be alone. When I had Chrissie and Happy cat neutered, they were OK on the way to the vets, but bringing them home we had to separate the two of them into separate carriers. Chrissie was so weak with anesthesia, all he woud do in the carrier was lay down, while Happy cat kept attacking him. I have never seen these two have a disagreement nor a squabble, but instead they often play together.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
hmm, they let you take your cats home with you the day they get spayed? My vet kept mine overnight for observation.

I've only had one vet, so maybe taking them home same day is standard practice.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I took Stormy home the same day. I dropped her off at 7:30 and picked her up I think at 6:00 that evening.
When they keep them overnight, is there actually someone there watching them during the night to make sure they are okay?

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
My vet has a nurse there every night. If there wasn't, I suppose the cat would be better off going home.

Guess I didn't think of that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts