Cat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Isn't he beautiful? :) I love my baby.

Addison was adopted from the Humane Society in March. I've had him a few months now and he's just the sweetest thing ever. He's the first cat I've owned, me being such a dog person and all, but I couldn't imagine a better cat.

Maybe its just because he's mine, but I think he's the prettiest cat in the world :)

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've already TRIED taking about 100 pictures of him but my digital camera has about a 1-1/2 second delay between the time I press the button and the time it actually takes the picture. I'll hold his attention just long enough to press the button, but when the picture comes up he's already looking completely away and his eyes are half closed. You can't imagine how frustrated I was getting.

But this is only the first time I've taken pictures and didn't want to blind him, so I'll try again sooner or later when he's out and about and feeling frisky :)

He really is the cutest thing.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
First of all I think you did a wonderful thing to adopt an adult kitty from the shelters
And yes you are right - he is absolutely sweet and adorable. Give him sweet hugs from me :D
I hope we will be able to see more of him soon - Oh, and tell us what his name is , oki doki? :wink:

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
He is gorgeous....and thank you for adopting an adult :D Oh, and I think we must have the same camera....I have that problem,too :roll:

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Yes, he is a very very pretty cat *smile*

Congratulations! May he bring you many, many years of joy![/i]

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I finally got a few more pics, not as cute as I wanted though :x

does anyone else think he looks like a girl? I swear he was meant to be. First, the vet made fun of his tiny feet, then asked if I was sure he was male because his coat is almost never seen on males, and he cries all the time! I call him my gay little kitty :) but oh how I love him!

also, has anyone else seen an ear like that? the vet said because of how delicate cats' ears are and how they heal, he probably bruised it somehow a while ago and as it healed, it sort of shrunk up like that. It doesn't hurt or anything, but is rather unsightly to people who haven't seen him before. I actually wanted to name in Vincent (as in the painter who cut off his ear... I'm so sick like that) but decided Addison was cuter.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Oh - but before I have even read the rest of your post I was thinking that Addison looks like a GIRL! I was going to keep that thought to myself when I saw you were wondering about it so I replied back. He is really sweet looking :D

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
I know a cat's ear that is just like that. I guess the poor kitty had a real bad case of ear mites and it scratched it until it scarred up like that. I think it's kinda cute.

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
OsnobunnieO said:
I call him my gay little kitty :) but oh how I love him!
Oh how funny!! Yes, I thought he looked like a she too but who cares, you have a cutie pie in your hands! But the dainty little hands are cute, I bet he is hiding them in the last picture b/c he knows what you said :wink:

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Bart, my in-laws' kitty - has an ear just like that. He is an indoor/outdoor kitty and he got that while he was in a bad territorial fight with another male :( . He is over that stage now - he is about 18 years of age and a beautiful cat - he is grey also only fluffier

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
I like his ear, it makes him one-of-a-kind :wink: And don't feel bad about him looking "feminine" :) My cat Gaylord (boy) also looks like a girl :D

Gaylord is the orange one in front :lol:

·
Registered
205 Posts
He is a very sweet looking kitty....and girly too :lol: tee hee. He is a very pretty cat!! :p

First of all I think you did a wonderful thing to adopt an adult kitty from the shelters
And I second Ioana's comment.

I too got my first kitty from a shelter about 7 months ago, they thought he was 5 but my vet said he was about 3. I feel all warm and squishy whenever I see that someone saved an adult kitty from the shelter :oops:

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Awww, Addison IS a very handsome cat!! His crinkly ear is so charming, and I love his feet, so pffft to the vet. I'm so glad things are working out for both of ya, congrats on your adoption, and yippee! for going to the Humane Society.

Don't worry, welcome to the land of "We LOVE our cats", so we ALL think our kitties are the bestest and prettiest kitties, which of course, they are! :D

·
Registered
135 Posts
He is so cute! And I also get frustrated when I try to take pictures of socks - she hates the flash so most of the pictures I get are of her behind when she walks away... :?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts