Cat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today I said goodbye to my foster baby, Inara. She was part of a litter of five. Her brothers and sisters died of FIP along with their mom, Dottie. I had hopes that Inara would survive but it was not meant to be. She was not doing well for the past few days. I took her to the vet this morning and this afternoon I got a call that little Inara was going the way of her siblings and mom. I went in and she passed away quietly and peacefully. She was the sweetest, mellowest little kitten. She had a luxuriously long and fluffy tail. I am heartbroken. It is like part of me died with her. I will miss her and can't wait to meet her and my other fur babies at the rainbow bridge.

·
Premium Member
8,622 Posts
I'm so sorry Jetlaya...:'(
I'd so hoped, for a miracle for little Inara...now she is with the rest of her family, at the Bridge...
(((HUGS)))
Sharon
1424827775064.jpg

·
Registered
893 Posts
Oh Jet, I am so deeply sorry. What a sweet sweet face she had. Thank you so much for trying, and for giving her, even in her short life, a great deal of love.

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
I am so sorry Jetlaya, thank you for giving her a loving home and taking such good care of her while she was here.

·
Premium Member
3,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This has been incredibly hard on me. I think that as the other babies died I did not have much time to grieve their loss as the other ones needed me. When I was left with just Inara I had so much hope that she would make it even though the fip was always in the back of my mind. After she was gone yesterday I lost it. I think it is because I had finally the time to mourn not only her but all her siblings. Thank you for letting me just just talk. I am so sad I really cant stand the pain.

·
Premium Member
8,622 Posts
Jet,
(((HUGS)))
Many of us understand, all to well...
You're not alone here, we're here...
Sharon

·
Registered
893 Posts
:patback:patback:patback

Thanks for all that you did do. Now, be kind to yourself, and cry.
That is a lot to have loved, and then lost.

FIP is such a nightmare.

·
Premium Member
7,095 Posts
Oh Jetlaya. :( I'm so sorry about Inara. What an awful disease it is, to have taken all of them. And what an awful experience for you. Little Inara was a fighter, and she was able to enjoy her short life in a loving and happy home because you were generous and caring enough to open it to her. Hugs.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Oh Jetlaya, I missed this thread till now. I am so so sorry for the loss of Inara. I was so hoping she would be a happy ending. But she had you for her guardian and a warm, happy, loving home with you for her short life.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Jetlaya,
I'm so terribly sorry for your loss. Inara was a gorgeous cat! I can't imagine the pain you're going through, having to witness such great losses in such a short period of time. I wish you find peaceful moments knowing you gave great love and your utmost best to these kitties and they have known that through *YOU*. My heartfelt condolences go out to you as you grieve.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts