Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 17 year old cat now. When he was in his younger years he was the funniest cat. He knew a bunch of tricks too. Jumping through your arms, licking your cheek, sitting on command, and a few others. We have a lake near our house and everytime we go swimming, my cat will sit on the dock meowing as if hes calling us back. He also loves fruit like cut up apples and pears. Hes slowing down over the years but hes still as affectionate as when we adopted him.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess he was just smart like that. He started doing them on his own so I started to praise him when he did and he learned to do the tricks on command.

·
Registered
58 Posts
My friend trained her cats to sit on command, give her their paw, and to come when called. She trained them when she was 12 and with a lot of work, patience, and cat treats, the cats got the hang of it. She was only going to train her kitten but then her sister's cat came over and saw the kitten was getting treats so the cat began to do the tricks too. The cat can even roll over on command. It's crazy.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I can't even get Misty to sit. She just looks at me like "are you serious?"

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
You had a really cool cat! I wish my cats would sit on command, they only do that when they know I have their treats in my hand. Dogs are so much easier to train :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts