Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to help him across the rainbow bridge last Wednesday, and that was, bar none, the hardest thing I've ever done :( He was 20 years old, and I found him as a starved, bug eyed scrap screaming at the top of his lungs outside my student housing. He lived as a contraband item with me for almost two years lol, then three states and about six different homes. He loved the great outdoors and caused his mommy many mini-heart attacks because he still thought he was a "man about town" even though that was taken care of many, many years ago! (when he was about six months old to be exact!)

I laid him to rest in his backyard, and have a tiny kitty monument with his picture. I miss him so much, but I adopted three little rowdy boys at the beginning of the week! They'll never replace Gabriel (babycat) but they needed homes and I have a lot of kitty love left to give:heart

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss. Sounds like he had a very long, happy life with you. I'm glad you have some babies to keep you company. Kittens can definitely keep your mind off things! :D

·
Premium Member
7,860 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss! I am glad you have found new furbabies to shower your affections on! I always adopt soon after I lose one because there are just SO many that need safe, loving homes. I have so much love to give I never want to limit it. It's wonderful that Gabriel lived such a long blessed life with you! I hope he is sitting on his namesake, s lap right now purring!

·
Premium Member
2,538 Posts
A sweet story of a cat and person adopting each other for life. Condolences on your loss of your Gabriel. I saw your photo of him in the other thread - handsome cat.

And good luck on your three 3-month olds. They should keep you busy for a while.

·
Banned
693 Posts
RIP, Gabriel.
I hope the new kittens help ease the pain but we all know "baby-cat" will never be replaced in your heart!

·
Premium Member
7,098 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss. What a long and happy life he had. He was lucky that he had you - and that you didn't get kicked out of student housing! I hope the new little ones will fill a little bit of the void.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts