Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lost my 17 1/2 yr. old hymilayn - Oliver - yesterday. My heart is broken, he was a beautiful gentle soul, who we loved so very much. He collapsed yesterday, he has had kidney disease for almost a year, but after the collapse I took him right away to the vet, who knows his situation, and she did x-rays and he had congestive heart failure. He was our "baby", and this house revolved around him. I am at a loss, completely devestated. We loved him so.
Sally

·
Premium Member
7,860 Posts
oh, Sally, I am so very, very sorry! I know this hurts so much! (((hugs))) to you! I know your life will be upside down for awhile but please come back and talk to us as much as you need. We have people here that grieve for months - we understand. I still tear up when I think of my beloved Sam who I lost at 16 1/2 years old. We adopted him at 12 so didn't have him nearly long enough.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Oh Saly, I am so truly sorry over your loss of your beloved Oliver.

We are here for you. Eternal petpets and nose kisses to Oliver.
I hope when you can, you can share some of your wonderful memories of your precious one.

·
Premium Member
8,627 Posts
Oh Saly...I'm so sorry about your loss of Oliver...:'(
I know how much it hurts, as do others here...so many of us have been where you are right now...
He had a long and wonderful life with people who truly cared about him...and he takes those memories with him, to the Bridge...
(((HUGS)))
Sharon 1410397877550.jpg

·
Premium Member
7,098 Posts
I'm so sorry about Oliver. :( At 17 1/2, he had a very long and full life with you, and I hope you'll take comfort in remembering all the happy years that you had together.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Oh Saly, I am so sorry to hear you have lost Oliver. He had a long life and knew he was loved and pampered and he has left you will many memories that will always be with you.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you

Thank you all for the kind words. I am so heartbroken, my husband also. He was our best little friend. I have had many cats, but this one has taken a piece of my heart with him. He was a very gentle soul. He went outside with us on his leash, which he had since he was 8 weeks old, and loved it. Everyone loved him. The last few weeks we new the end was nearing, but no matter what, we can't prepare for this. We loved him with all of our being. I don't know if any of you remember, but 2 years ago I took in a feral, Ben, (now Bummy), who is still doing good. She is at a loss also. How to mend a broken heart?, I really don't know.
Saly

·
Registered
893 Posts
Be kind to yourself Saly.

He is still with you because of the love you still feel, though the emptyness is so real.

I dont think we ever really "mend", we just somehow adjust to a new reality with some scars. Keep giving Bummy some extra love as she too adjusts.

Keep sharing here stories if you find it helpful. You dont need to hold it in. We all so understand what you are experiencing.

((((HUGS)))))

·
Registered
306 Posts
I'm so sorry about Oliver!! What a terrible loss! I, too, lost my kitty Josie. She was 14. Lost her June 29th and it still hurts. Take as much time as you need. There are lots of wonderful people on this site to help you get through it!

My prayers are with you!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
pictures,

I am trying to post a picture of Oliver, but don't seem to be able to do it. What could I be doing wrong? He was a beautiful cat, inside and out. Is it wrong of me to talk to him like he is still here?, I am at such a loss, unbearably heartbroken.
Saly

·
Registered
893 Posts
Go to the "post reply" link at the lower left part of the thread messages.

In that you will see a paperclip icon (it's for attachments). By clicking on that it will bring up a pop up window from where you can link a picture of your Oliver.

I think it's perfectly normal to speak of him in the present tense. For the two girls I have had help to the bridge I always think of them still with me, although I can not physically see them. I believe that their spirits still are with me.

I miss their physical presence a great deal. But I dont believe that the love has been extinguished

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Saly, I am so very sorry for the loss of your beloved Oliver. :( He was absolutely GORGEOUS! I am a huge fan of Persians and Himilayans... they just seem to have the most gentle, easy-going souls. He was one of the cutest Himmy's I've ever seen. Thanks so much for sharing the pictures of him.

He was unbelievably lucky to have 17 1/2 years filled with love and happiness with you.

It's something you can never prepare for... and it's totally understandable that you talk to him like he's still here. He will always be your baby, even if he only got to be here physically for 17 1/2 years... *hugs*

·
Registered
893 Posts
Well Hello, Oliver, you very handsome boy you.
Your mama, understably, misses you dreadfully. Sometime, when her soul is a bit more at peace, let her know in a special way that you are ok. And that you are grateful for all the love and happiness they shared with you.

It will mean a great deal to them. In the meantime, eternal petpets and nose kisses until you are all reunited sometime in the future.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Miss him

I miss him soooo much. My daughter just called and all I did was cry. Every room in this house is him. My husand and I took a walk outside and he is everywhere. I think I am getting worse, I love him so very much, his soft, soft fur, his big blue eyes, his gentle, gentle soul. My Oliver.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts