Cat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I don't know what to think, but I am assuming my Blackie thought that mommy was going to be happy that he brought me a live bird to my bed yesterday!! My husband let him out, and then he saw Blackie running inside straight to my bed with a bird on his mouth. Thank God my hubby yelled from down stairs to me not to freak out. Blackie went to my room with the little bird flopping and trying to get out of his grip. It took my husband and I to release that bird from Blackie's mouth. The poor bird was flying like crazy inside the house. Then, Danna my other cat was chasing the bird inside as well. We had to lock the cats in one room while we were trying to let the bird go. It finally left on its own through the door. Awwwww I am so happy that Blackie thought about bringing me a present, but not too thrilled that it was a bird. I hope he doesn't bring a mouse or something weird next time.

·
Registered
207 Posts
It sounds like an amusing time :) But poor birdie...surely your kitty traumatized him. My friend´s cat likes to bring gifts home as well. Mostly dead mouse and he likes to hide it around the house. So my friend doesnot know that there is a dead mouse in the house until it starts to stink...not a pleasant thing at all.:roll:

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wish..

Franny brings me presents every night. Thankfully she is an indoor cat and the gifts are stuffed :)
I wish Blackie was just an indoor cat just like my other cat, but he likes to go outside too. Lucky you, I can handle stuffed animals but not live ones lol...

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anusing...but not for me lol...

It sounds like an amusing time :) But poor birdie...surely your kitty traumatized him. My friend´s cat likes to bring gifts home as well. Mostly dead mouse and he likes to hide it around the house. So my friend doesnot know that there is a dead mouse in the house until it starts to stink...not a pleasant thing at all.:roll:

OMG!!!! I hope Blackie doesn't bring animals and hides them from us inside our house. I felt so terrible for that birdie. Blackie wasn't happy that mommy let her present go lol...I love him though!!!

·
Premium Member
2,849 Posts
Our Blacky luckily isn't a birder... she's mouser, which is kind of annoying since most of the time she brings them in alive. Then we have to find/catch them at random hours of the night.

Once she was laying about halfway up the stairs and I thought it was a weird place for her (I'd never seen her there before) and then 10 minutes later I noticed she was still there so I started walking down the stairs to see what was going on. She got up when I started coming down and a mouse ran out from underneath her. :p

And then there's that time I stepped on a rat she left dead in the doorway... fun times.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Our Blacky luckily isn't a birder... she's mouser, which is kind of annoying since most of the time she brings them in alive. Then we have to find/catch them at random hours of the night.

Once she was laying about halfway up the stairs and I thought it was a weird place for her (I'd never seen her there before) and then 10 minutes later I noticed she was still there so I started walking down the stairs to see what was going on. She got up when I started coming down and a mouse ran out from underneath her. :p

And then there's that time I stepped on a rat she left dead in the doorway... fun times.
Oh gosh!!!! Ok, I guess I am lucky he has only brought a bird in lol. Ohh no I will faint if he brings in a mouse. I felt sorry for the bird, but then my heart melted because he was running up the stairs to bring that present to me, and I am such a bad mommy because I let it go lol....He was looking at me sad, when he came out the room, and the bird was gone.

·
Registered
65 Posts
A cat I had when I was younger did the same thing. One time she brought in a rabbit and another time a snake! I appreciated the thought, but at the same time...well you know!

·
Registered
438 Posts
This makes me happy that Apollo is an indoor cat. He'sonly brought me pieces and parts of dead bugs. Mostly jumping spiders and moths, with the occasional house spider and cricket.

I'll find a set of bug legs near or in my shoes, and the rest of the carcass elsewhere in a corner lol.

We had a tortie for a short time that we kept outside, and she would bring in baby bunnies on occasion. She never killed them, but would leave them trembling in a corner in the kitchen for us to rescue and mend and put back outside afterwards.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I wake up every morning surrounded by stuffed mice... I counted 8 this morning all staring at me on my pillow, I'm just so thankful that Max is indoor only.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts