Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have heard that when an animal's nose is warm and dry that they are ill am i correct. We had no heat in the appartment it was 10 degrees celcius because the furnace quit. we tried keeping him warm. but he refused. later after the furnace was fixed he started sneezing.

help please

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I am not sure about the dryness of the nose but sneezing may be a sign of Upper Respiratory Infection. A visit at the vet's should clear all doubts. My little girl Cheerio came to me with the same problem and with antibiotics + under close observation she got better. I will keep my fingers crossed for your kitty. Hope there is nothing too serious :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
he had upper respitory when he was at the shelter where we got him from is it somthing that stays in their system and is is contagieous we also have a guiena pig(sorry about the spellling)

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I have read online about it staying in their system. The vet told me that everything should be fine after having seen her the second time (when I had gone through all the antibiotic doseage). I also have another pet, Frosty that is 7 moths old, just a few months older than Cheerio. They are both fine now.
I strongly hope that that the URI hasn't returned and it is either an allergy or an insignificant kitty cold. Your kitty is in my thoughts!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts