Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:luv Freeway has turned out to be the strangest boycat .... he is also totally in love with Mike and Tyson the two new boy kitty babies .

Of course Tyson especially has decided that he is the cutest kitten on the planet and must be adored by everyone , funnily enough he gets away with absolute murder, the adult cats adore both kittens.

Freeway will get on the couch for his evening love session and it isnt long before both kittens join him , then its a major love and wash session which normally ends with Mike being clobbered because he likes to suckle in Freeway's tummy . Mike will look all hurt and bewildered until Freeway washes him again and all is forgiven.

There is a lot to be said for kittens having an adult around to teach them manners .. but I have also noticed that not all kittens seem to want the attention ??? these two certainly do :luv

·
Registered
12,679 Posts
How cute! I think it is probably an individual thing between the cats. Some like the comfort and closeness of socializing during their grooming sessions while others are more independent. LuckyDuck is my resident "kitten babysitter". He LOVES the babies! As a matter of fact, he helped me with an orphaned litter of three that I was having difficulty getting to potty, so HE took care of it and showed me how to do it!
I have also noticed how the cuteness factor seems to give the babies a "pass" with the adult cats. The adults are very indulgent, though I've seen where that sometimes backfires, because no one will discipline 'the baby' and eventually 'the baby' grows up into 'the terror', but the adults just don't know what to do...because to them, he's still 'the baby'!

·
Super Moderator
26,343 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts